• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    The officer actually told him to leave the property twice, and then the customer really started to argue.
    I consider that a refusal.
    Tell me again, exactly which private businesses can a policeman enter and order you to leave, without even speaking to the proprietor?
    Can he also do that on residential private property?
    Military Camp

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Tell me again, exactly which private businesses can a policeman enter and order you to leave, without even speaking to the proprietor?
    I can't.
    But would the fact that the store had a "masks must be worn" sign on the door have anything to do with it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can't.
    But would the fact that the store had a "masks must be worn" sign on the door have anything to do with it.

@smittyb does have a good point and question.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The 'Twin Peaks' shoot out was my personal favorite!

(Or maybe the West explosion of a few years ago.... I *think* that's close enough to Waco, to qualify).

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No excuse for the officer's behavior.

When the guy was leaving, he should have let him go. Just a little politeness on the officer's part would have gone a long way.

If there is any pattern of this behavior on the officer's part, he should be fired.

Edit: just saw some of the longer video. With the lies he told, he should be fired. The previous Waco chief would have already had this guy out on his ear.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    https://www.waco-texas.com/pdf/press-releases/2021-01-19 RES 2021-034 executed resolution extending declaration.pdf

27. That a violation of this order or the Governor’s Orders shall be a Class C misdemeanor and the penalty for violating this Resolution shall be a fine of not less than one dollar ($1.00) and no more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00), and each day a violation exists shall be a separate offense. That this declaration also hereby authorizes the use of any other lawfully available enforcement tools.

So basically all they can do is write them a ticket.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Again, the officer did nothing but escalate, escalate, threaten with a taser, escalate, escalate. That alone puts him in the wrong. The customer's initial reaction was confusion, and at no point was there anything that justified the taser being unholstered, much less pointed at him with shouted threats.

And then he lied about what transpired to his supervisors. That should result in disciplinary action, and he at least needs retraining if he's allowed to keep his job. As it is, he's a menace to the public.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I think the majority here are pro-Law Enforcement.

But acting like some weird/petty bureaucrat with a taser sends a message that no matter how insipid a 'proclamation' is, some dumbass LEO will enforce it.

Hey, the mayor proclaimed you 'must' genuflect in my presence, because if you don't, I'll gdamm taze you peasant.

Now, respect my author-rih-tie!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    deemus,

I know nothing about Waco...that said, is it one of those drug addled towns?

If so, I hope the Chief sees the video of that ridiculous encounter by one of his guys (ok, eventually many of his guys) harassing a normal citizen to uphold hizzonah's proclamation...especially since garden variety masks are not effective except as covid theatre...

Top Bottom