• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    She went with Alert 360, 4 outside cameras and 2 inside.
    She was able to get T-Mobile wireless internet for $50 per month and is in the process of upgrading her phone so she can view the system remotely.
    I'll provide an update when it's all installed and working.

Thanks and I hope that it all works out well for her!

Cate

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I just switched to the TMobile 5G home internet myself. One box and plug it in and up and going. All of my TV's are streaming models now and cut cable and went to YouTubeTV, and local over the air instead. Cut that bill by $100. Internet beats the 50Mbs max AT&T was providing at 300Mbs usually. Hope it works well for her! Used to lose TV when it even sprinkled out.

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    $20/month monitoring:
    https://www.alarmclub.com/

They are not horrible, and you can get your choice of systems you pay for, at about $900 less than the big boxes charge.
    I did mine myself, but I think they can pre-program.

Depending on the options selected, one can (at the time I bought mine) select a system with WiFi, POTS (land line), and/or Cellular monitoring.

I pay for smash-protection monitoring.

My system was compatible with my old system series, so I was able to use all my old sensors, that I had with the prior system, when I canceled after the contract was up...

The easiest option is to get the contract with ADT, or someone, and and just pay extra...

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Visible is Verizon's cheep network.

Get a cheap 4g phone and lte modem.

its 25 bucks a month 5 for the first month

Its also 5 g if you need that.

On my 4 g phone I get 108 mps on visible . and only 5-10 on a prepaid Verizon phone lol

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    She had an 8 camera system installed. It notifies her by phone when movement is detected and allows her to view in real-time with an app. It was about $1k, installed.

She is happy with it. She bought it at Best Buy (I know, I know...) for about $650 and their Geek Squad installed it for $250. +Taxes just under $1k.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Forgot to mention she had T-Mobile wireless installed in her home for $50 monthly. It supports/drives/allows camera access to her new smartphone.
    So, she got what she wanted for about $1k and $7-800 a year in additional costs.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Update. As I may have mentioned, she gets a notification on her phone when one of the cameras at her house detects movement.

She came to visit for a few days. Damn phone was constantly dinging. One of the cameras is aimed toward the street and alerts with every passing car. Even though she lives on a dead end Street with a turn around circle at the end, there is considerable traffic. A couple of teenage drivers are constantly coming and going - along with their friends. And, of course every time the phone dinged, she had to check it.

Drove me effin' crazy. I know every time Jess, Suzy, Sam, Sally or one of their friends came or left the house! Or when the neighbors cat came over to poop in her flower bed in the front!

Good grief, she is so preoccupied with what's going on at her house when she's away she really hasn't been much company! That's way different than my philosophy. If I'm away from my house it's pretty much off my mind. Neighbors check it daily while I'm away and keep an eye on the dogs and other animals.

I just set the old-fashioned intruder alarm and leave...

Oh, well. Maybe I'll get a camera system installed...

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My ring alarm has a setting to differentiate between "movement" and an actual person, and whether you do/don't want an alert from either.

Top Bottom