• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Well, I decided to not get the G34 for now. I did however, test my P30L with 2 boxes of federal 124 hst and another 300 rounds of target ammo. It's sitting right next to me wherever I am in the house, I do most of my work on my couch so it's right by my table lamp most of the time. It's a gorgeous gun, and shoots the best out of all my handguns.

cIm3pME.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Nice. now Surefire X300, threaded barrel, and suppressor and you are ready to defend your palace from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Oh and vampires.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I always recommend a good weapons light. Doesn't necessarily have to be Surefire, but the benefits of having a weapons mounted light are many. Night sights are good for getting your sight picture (something most do not get when they are scared and can't see anything and are disoriented because they have been woken out of a dead sleep) but not for seeing what you are aiming at. If you hear a noise in your backyard and go to investigate, your night sights don't do you any good at seeing what is 20 ft away in the dark.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I always recommend a good weapons light. Doesn't necessarily have to be Surefire, but the benefits of having a weapons mounted light are many. Night sights are good for getting your sight picture (something most do not get when they are scared and can't see anything and are disoriented because they have been woken out of a dead sleep) but not for seeing what you are aiming at. If you hear a noise in your backyard and go to investigate, your night sights don't do you any good at seeing what is 20 ft away in the dark.

The mounted light would give away your stealth advantage though. I can see how it can help, if you just wanna investigate what's the weird sound in the backyard, but a crash downstairs in the middle of the night inside your home would be best met with the fact you know your home better than a burglar, would it not?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The mounted light would give away your stealth advantage though. I can see how it can help, if you just wanna investigate what's the weird sound in the backyard, but a crash downstairs in the middle of the night inside your home would be best met with the fact you know your home better than a burglar, would it not?

One would think, but just last week my GF showed me a story of that happening and it turned out a man shot his son that came into the house.
    Don't know the whole story, but the son didn't live there, and was not expected.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    stealth advantage? seriously is that a thing? outside of SOF doing a hit on an HVT and my playing of Metal Gear Solid, not really. Majority of people will be yelling get the **** out of my house or I will shoot. Stealth advantage. Sorry but I actually laughed. Who do you think is breaking into the house that you will need a stealth advantage?

Honest question here, let's say you do sneak up on a guy in your house with your weapon, what do you do now? Have you had the foresight to grab your phone as well to call the police? Are you living with someone else that can do that for you? If you are not living alone, are you okay with leaving your S.O. in an "unsecured" room by themselves while you go clear your house in a stealth manner? If they go with you, do they know and are they able to remain stealthy?

Knowing your home better is great, but if you can't see in your own home it does nothing for you.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    stealth advantage? seriously is that a thing? outside of SOF doing a hit on an HVT and my playing of Metal Gear Solid, not really. Majority of people will be yelling get the **** out of my house or I will shoot. Stealth advantage. Sorry but I actually laughed. Who do you think is breaking into the house that you will need a stealth advantage?

Honest question here, let's say you do sneak up on a guy in your house with your weapon, what do you do now? Have you had the foresight to grab your phone as well to call the police? Are you living with someone else that can do that for you? If you are not living alone, are you okay with leaving your S.O. in an "unsecured" room by themselves while you go clear your house in a stealth manner? If they go with you, do they know and are they able to remain stealthy?

Knowing your home better is great, but if you can't see in your own home it does nothing for you.

I believe in a stealth advantage. I am going to approach the situation differently if it is one unarmed crackhead or a crew of armed burglars. Either way I don't want them to know I was there until I decide.

The term does sound tacticool but describes the intent.

And yes, I practice making my way through my house in the dark almost every night and morning.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The nice thing is the light shuts off and can be removed from the weapon easily.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I believe in a stealth advantage. I am going to approach the situation differently if it is one unarmed crackhead or a crew of armed burglars. Either way I don't want them to know I was there until I decide.

The term does sound tacticool but describes the intent.

And yes, I practice making my way through my house in the dark almost every night and morning.

Let me say up front, that I am enjoying this conversation. Many times on the internet it is difficult to fully understand one's intent or emotion when discussing things. So I just want all to know that in everything I say do I mean no disrespect to anyone and that I am enjoying having this discussion with others.

First off, you practicing is great, it does help and make a difference, I have done/do it as well. In my own house though. ;) The problem I have with your statement is that you cannot know if it is a crew or a crackhead or whatever. How long are you going to watch stealthily until you make that determination? Just because you see one guy and no others doesn't mean there aren't more somewhere that you can't hear or know about. How do you know there aren't people outside or in a car waiting? There are so many variables that no one solution is perfect, but at the end of the day, better to have the light than not.

My main issue is that so many people believe they will have this tactical advantage because it is their house and the burglar is incompetent or whatever. Problem is, most people when they get woken up in the middle of the night are scared shitless and have no clue what the hell is going on and are still drowsy and not clear-headed. Adding family members and pets into the mix is another level of craziness. Trying to sneak around to find out who or what is going on is a recipe for disaster for all involved.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Let me say up front, that I am enjoying this conversation. Many times on the internet it is difficult to fully understand one's intent or emotion when discussing things. So I just want all to know that in everything I say do I mean no disrespect to anyone and that I am enjoying having this discussion with others.

First off, you practicing is great, it does help and make a difference, I have done/do it as well. In my own house though. ;) The problem I have with your statement is that you cannot know if it is a crew or a crackhead or whatever. How long are you going to watch stealthily until you make that determination? Just because you see one guy and no others doesn't mean there aren't more somewhere that you can't hear or know about. How do you know there aren't people outside or in a car waiting? There are so many variables that no one solution is perfect, but at the end of the day, better to have the light than not.

My main issue is that so many people believe they will have this tactical advantage because it is their house and the burglar is incompetent or whatever. Problem is, most people when they get woken up in the middle of the night are scared shitless and have no clue what the hell is going on and are still drowsy and not clear-headed. Adding family members and pets into the mix is another level of craziness. Trying to sneak around to find out who or what is going on is a recipe for disaster for all involved.
    While good points, how is an intruder (or family member) going to do their thing without any lights? It is doubtful that I will be creeping into a pitch black room full of intruders.

While I may not know how many are hiding in other places, they don't know where I am either.

Sitting quietly for a few seconds will reveal a lot of what is going on.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    been broken into twice. both times guy did not have a light. we have moved houses now. that last one was bad mojo. security system caught who did it and we got our stuff back

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    been broken into twice. both times guy did not have a light. we have moved houses now. that last one was bad mojo. security system caught who did it and we got our stuff back

Would he have needed a light in your situation?
    Were you gone with no lights left on?

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I would rather have the HK - as it is DA/SA. I have a Beretta M9A3 as my night stand handgun. However, as I now live in a condo - this is my main home defense gun now... PS90 (the round will go thru 1 wall, but a 2nd wall should stop it - I have neighbors on both sides... 5.7 round is designed to not over penetrate)

0rrZkLM.jpg

Top Bottom