• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Housing starts have been consistently down for at least a year now. All of these guys that used to do tile, framing, etc. are out of work. Alot of them are illegals so they can't exactly go work for Walmart.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I like this....

"Garcia, an undocumented Guatemalan national who had a regular job in construction until being laid off late last year, said he and the others only want to work and have no other way to find steady pay."

An undocumented/illegal had a "regular" job and was "laid off". They make it sound like he was a W2'd employee. I'm surprised they aren't discussing Unemployment benefits and State or Federal retraining aid etc.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I like this....

"Garcia, an undocumented Guatemalan national who had a regular job in construction until being laid off late last year, said he and the others only want to work and have no other way to find steady pay."

An undocumented/illegal had a "regular" job and was "laid off". They make it sound like he was a W2'd employee. I'm surprised they aren't discussing Unemployment benefits and State or Federal retraining aid etc.

The media always shows it with absolute sympathy. I saw a speacial on dateline or something a couple weeks back where the reporter pretended to be a day laborer to see what kind of reaction he would get. Then they brought in an illegal alien day laborer and talked to him about how horrible he gets treated. It just baffles me!!!

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    The media tends to completely ignore the "illegal" in 'illegal alien'. They make no mention that most of the money they earn is sent to other countries. The don't mention that they pay no taxes, but do receive services paid for by our taxes. They also don't mention that they contribute a very small amount of their income in sales tax and other taxes. Many of them live in groups, in small homes. This allows them to spend less and send more money back home.

1776-1976

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Colmesneil Texas 75938
    Just shows what a good job immigration is doing. People are fed up and it is only going to get worse with the economic collapse nearing. Still the think the government serves the people? Well maybe they do serve the people but it is sure not the American people they serve.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I saw some guy on O'Reilly six or eight months ago, he was an "immigration advocate", which to me means shill for the lawbreakers.

Anyhow, the debate got down to the costs that illegal immigants imposed on the United States economy. This dude kept repeating that "in their property taxes (from rentals) they pay for healthcare", which each time sent O'Reilly into more fits. O'Reilly explained multiple times that in the US, property taxes had nothing to do with medical coverage, which made no impression on this moron.

The statement above about "wanting unemployment, etc." is not far off. Don't be surprised if the concept comes up. Shoot we're paying for everything else, why not that too?

Jeff B.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm all for working your way up ... legally.

Does American need a constant "slave class"?

Yes, our economy is built upon it. First it was blacks, then the Irish and Chinese, now it's the Mexicans. America is spoiled by cheap rate labor. It's because that's how you become profitable in a Wal-Mart economy. Too many people want cheap, cheap, cheap. We are spoiled on cheap, like a bunch of entitled trust fund babies.

People with the cheap mentality are ruining this country just the same. They are the ones whining about the prices today. They feel entitled to the good at a price they feel is fair, regardless of it's profitability. The consumer is spoiled in that regard by a constant flood of cheap rate goods (ie. Wal-Mart Syndrome).

Top Bottom