• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Pretty much. DHS, CBP, pretty much anyone with offices at a fusion center (Everybody does know the location of the "secret" fusion center on the north side of Houston, right?) can decide they want to test some new tech so they'll let the locals know they're going to show up. Then they show up and take over.

Yeah, it's a little more complex than that...but not much. And yes, if any local or state authorities are sufficiently stupid to ask for a demo project, DHS will be happy to jump right in. Usually they aren't asking.

There's a train station just outside D.C. that has my pity. It's the closest to DHS hq so it gets put on super secret probation anytime the feds have new toys to play with. I know a bunch of people who must use it every day and on the days when the DHS shows up, they just start taking off work early to get through the backups and get home on time. It's sad.

Under what authority do these agencies operate in the states? I dont see why they cant be expelled or limited by the states.
    Texas SOT

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Question. If at this ferry crossing (I've taken n once out of curiosity) and you CCW do you have to notify the officers you carry?

Good question. I dont know what your legal requirement is and i cant imagine how these fed workers would react.

How is this not a violation of the 4th amendment? If you refuse the search then what? Youre trying to get on a ferry not on a military base.

So much the police or gov does is based on psychology and human nature. How many crimes do cops actually solve vs how many criminals they let talk into a confession? Same thing with a cop asking "where are you going today?" None of your freaking business thats where! The checkpoint the NHSTA or is it NHTSA pulled up in Dallas, they were relying on people being trained to do what the authorities want (conditioning) or just people looking for the path of least resistance (psychology)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Question. If at this ferry crossing (I've taken n once out of curiosity) and you CCW do you have to notify the officers you carry?

No. Federal LEOs are not Peace Officers as defined in Texas law, so there is no requirement to show your CHL if asked to ID.

Remember, even with Texas officers there is only a requirement to show the CHL, and only if the Peace Officer demands you ID yourself.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    I have seen some seriously stupid things in my life, but Homeland Security at the Bolivar Ferry is near the top.

» VIDEO: Homeland Security Searches Vehicles at Ferry Crossing Checkpoint Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I am not a fan of Infowars, but I got this link from Drudge Report. Why are they checking a highway that does not cross a border? There are probably less than a 1000 people that live on the other side of the ferry....

This is only going to get worse.

No need to apologize about Infowars. Why do you think Drudge links to him so often?

gwtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Santa Fe, TX
    I know this tread is a little old, but has anyone had a problem carrying in a vehicle on the ferry? have to use it tomorrow...

GW

Top Bottom