10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Last edited:

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    keep telling yourself you live in a free country :)

i thought texas was different? it seems many of these govt abuse stories come out of tx.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I think the HLS is covering anything into 100 miles of the border?

map.png

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I think the HLS is covering anything into 100 miles of the border?

map.png

I guess that is one way to get a presence in half the state of Texas.... Too bad they are not looking for illegal immigrants. I guess that would be a different department.
    I guess someone should take a look at the constitution. Apparently the 4th amendment has been amended.

Last edited:

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    old news, random vehicles have been pulled out of line and searched for a good while. I can't remember how long ago, I watched some uniforms pull an unremarkable new Escalade out of line and totally toss it while a family melted into the pavement.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It has been done for years. HLS used to contract with a security company to do it called Seawolf Security. They were based waay inland.

I guess terrorist would never target automibile ferrys.

Silly HLS.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    old news, random vehicles have been pulled out of line and searched for a good while. I can't remember how long ago, I watched some uniforms pull an unremarkable new Escalade out of line and totally toss it while a family melted into the pavement.

What ever happened to using a vehicle X-Ray? They even make portable versions now that are set up on a semi trailer.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

So this makes it okay?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    keep telling yourself you live in a free country :)

i thought texas was different? it seems many of these govt abuse stories come out of tx.

Ha. No, Texas is old school authoritarian conservative in its view of "keeping the peace". Its not small government/ libertarian. Look at the % of our prison population behind bars for non-violent crimes.

One would think Rick Perry would gain some traction politically by telling the Tea Party types that he doesnt want the Feds policing Texas citizens.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Ha. No, Texas is old school authoritarian conservative in its view of "keeping the peace". Its not small government/ libertarian. Look at the % of our prison population behind bars for non-violent crimes.

One would think Rick Perry would gain some traction politically by telling the Tea Party types that he doesnt want the Feds policing Texas citizens.

i noticed that when i got here. the "conservative authortarian" vibe is pretty thick here. Texas is big govt for sure. Perry and the govt are taking $ from the FEDs (as is every other state), so the idea of the governor telling the tit to take a hike...it just a dream.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    i noticed that when i got here. the "conservative authortarian" vibe is pretty thick here. Texas is big govt for sure. Perry and the govt are taking $ from the FEDs (as is every other state), so the idea of the governor telling the tit to take a hike...it just a dream.

I really think that it is more libertarian and conservative, than authoritarian. Texas is currently the 14th largest economy on Earth, and usually ranks just 1 or 2 places behind Canada. By the way, Russia is ranked 13th....

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I really think that it is more libertarian and conservative, than authoritarian. Texas is currently the 14th largest economy on Earth, and usually ranks just 1 or 2 places behind Canada. By the way, Russia is ranked 13th....

I understand what you mean. By authoritarian i dont mean as in a dictatorship but this is a "law and order" state and for many security and order must be enforced by any means necessary, even if Constitutional liberties get trampeled on the way.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013

didnt know that!

I understand what you mean. By authoritarian i dont mean as in a dictatorship but this is a "law and order" state and for many security and order must be enforced by any means necessary, even if Constitutional liberties get trampeled on the way.

so it's a police state?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How does this work? DHS just shows up ... ?
    Pretty much. DHS, CBP, pretty much anyone with offices at a fusion center (Everybody does know the location of the "secret" fusion center on the north side of Houston, right?) can decide they want to test some new tech so they'll let the locals know they're going to show up. Then they show up and take over.

Yeah, it's a little more complex than that...but not much. And yes, if any local or state authorities are sufficiently stupid to ask for a demo project, DHS will be happy to jump right in. Usually they aren't asking.

There's a train station just outside D.C. that has my pity. It's the closest to DHS hq so it gets put on super secret probation anytime the feds have new toys to play with. I know a bunch of people who must use it every day and on the days when the DHS shows up, they just start taking off work early to get through the backups and get home on time. It's sad.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom