• ...and so much more!
  • 69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Anybody else have their insurance go up 100%
    No claims, broker said he’s seeing it happen at renewal. Did find a
    Rate within $100 of last years. Called around and everyone was close to the 100%
    This is crazy.
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here's a thread to peruse while waiting for replies.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Insurance companies are in business to make money. Regulation of rates is set by Gov. Just like schooling/medical industries, rates go UP. Got to get those pay increases for the workers.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Insurance companies are in business to make money. Regulation of rates is set by Gov. Just like schooling/medical industries, rates go UP. Got to get those pay increases for the workers.
    I can tell you teacher pay hasn’t went up. Insurance companies are extortionists. I’m paying over 30k per year in insurance that I’ve never used.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    When the appraised value of a home increases 100% or more, the insurance rate will follow. After my last appraisal. I filed an appeal which was denied. If the assessor sets a value of a property, they should be willing to pay that value for the property.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    TDI approved a 28% base rate increase for Home Owners Insurance. Add this to the increased value of your home, and the corresponding cost to replace/repair, your rate must increase to keep the 4% margin all insurance companies are looking for. You need to shop it every year. The companies that advertise on prime-time TV have the highest rates. Check out those that do not, like Amica, Germania, Hochheim Prairie, and the like.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I'm wondering about the current/future life insurance premiums given the recent years' claims. Up until 2 years ago rates were steadily declining.

Life insurance payouts have been up lately, well after the covid virus kill off. Up beyond the actuary predictions that drive their business. Probably not due to street drug deaths, those users are not heavily insured.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I do have a commercial policy. homeowner, auto, classic car, and health. Health is most of that.

No, you don’t have a commercial policy. You have standard auto and property policies and you have separate health insurance that you’re taking a bath on, especially if that’s for a HDHP and none of that is HSA.

Or you want a gold plated health plan and don’t need it.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    No, you don’t have a commercial policy. You have standard auto and property policies and you have separate health insurance that you’re taking a bath on, especially if that’s for a HDHP and none of that is HSA.

Or you want a gold plated health plan and don’t need it.
    I own a HVAC company, so I’m sure what I have..unless you know more about my insurance then I do..

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    I agree I’m getting hosed on health insurance. That’s Obamas fault.
    I’ve called around everyone is charging close to the same. I have Blue cross blue shield. Sad thing is we’ve never used it and don’t take any medications. Even if my wife gets it through the school district it’s the same price.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I agree I’m getting hosed on health insurance. That’s Obamas fault.
    I’ve called around everyone is charging close to the same. I have Blue cross blue shield. Sad thing is we’ve never used it and don’t take any medications. Even if my wife gets it through the school district it’s the same price.

Ever looked at a cost sharing program like CHM?

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    When the appraised value of a home increases 100% or more, the insurance rate will follow. After my last appraisal. I filed an appeal which was denied. If the assessor sets a value of a property, they should be willing to pay that value for the property.
    Across the Country, rates are going up as the result of the actions of biden and his administration.
    No, biden and dems have little to do with insurance rate spikes. Inflation isn't helping but its also not causing a 100% increase in some policies. It has more to do with the monster of an industry the insurance companies facilitated, increase in materials and labor rates, and scope of repairs. Not to mention lawsuits to repair every blemish in a house and make everything better than it was the day before a loss. You can see my posts outlining in greater detail why prices are increasing and I promise you it has very little to do with biden and democrats, home appraisal values, assessors, or home sale prices.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom