• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    But your post surely comes across as unnecessarily RUDE to another member here !

leVieux
    He was extremely nice compared to that members usual manner.

ETA "that" member being the one he was addressing.

@Sam7sf is always nice n polite.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Ok..maybe Fudd isn't the exact best way to describe these 2 but was at a freinds house and a few beers were opened and a roundtable discussion came up about open carry and now Constitutional Carry on Texas
    One guy said that "Open carrying a gun in a certain situation just makes you a target for the bad guys"
    And of course..I did not let that go unchecked...and told him that was just not the case in documented situations with years of data to go on...and even though the theory sounds plausible..there just isn't enough evidence to give it any weight of being correct.
    He conceded and actually took in the new information without rebuttal.

Then...the whole Constitutional Carry thing came up.
    "I just hate that anyone in Texas without a felony can carry a gun now with no training
    There is going to all sorts of people shooting without training and innocent people are going to get killed"

That one got me hot under the collar and I had to cool off before jumping in.
    So many layers in had to unpack.

First off..is the 2nd Amendment a right or a privilege ?
    What about the 1st?
    Do you have to training to speak at a public event? To write an article and publish it?

And again...about 15 states have had CC for years before Texas and there isn't FBI data to back up that bad theory either. Otherwise the gun haters would be using it against us.

These guys listened and points were made and more beers drank and I think maybe I got thru a little.
    I agree that 2nd is a right after all, it is #2 in our Bill of Rights!
    Driving an automobile is not a right and every state requires demonstrated ability and tests for a knowledge of traffic laws because cars are effin dangerous and are used to kill shit loads of people.

Firearms are also dangerous and are used kill way to many people. Every reasonable person should agree that firearms safety education is a positive thing, and I think that should include training in "shoot don;t shoot" and legal issues surrounding firearm incidents.

BEFORE your head explodes, I also think that any basic firearms training be provided free of charge and maybe replace a cultural awareness class in high school to reduce costs. I support constitutional carry period, I would prefer to see training added.

IF you have been associated with firearms for more than 10 years you will have witnessed some dumb handling or worse.Remember gunshows back in the 70's when a round going off was not unusual at all?

Think I am full of it? I saw two men at Stumpy's parking lot in Granbury last month sighting a pistol and sweeping the occupied dock area with the muzzle, I ducked behind my pickup and drew my weapon, I realized that they were talking about the new tritium sights and relaxed and drove away without eating. FUCKING idiots!! but who among us does not want to show off a new long anticipated firearm?

Training and education are a vital component of self defense, it will help you survive! It also might keep you out of jail or save you lots of money or maybe even save someones life.

Last edited:

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    One must take the energy to educate the unwashed when possible. I do not insert myself into all conversations I hear, but I do quite often. My favorite is you do not need 30 rounds to hunt deer. Of course with the Ukraine deal this is a lot easier to explain. Not sure that I get thru but maybe I can learn one person. When it comes to CC, my first question to the Doubting Thomas' is "Why there is not blood in the streets of the almost 20 states with CC". Well this is like preaching to the choir on this forum. Ya'll have a nice day.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Err, I know what you mean, especially with "a large amount of people with disqualifying factors have guns on them or in cars anyway".

But your post surely comes across as unnecessarily RUDE to another member here !

leVieux
    Hopefully it gets folks to think, especially with the points I made.

Jordan Peterson: “In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive”.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    He was extremely nice compared to that members usual manner.

ETA "that" member being the one he was addressing.

@Sam7sf is always nice n polite.
    I haven’t always been and I owe my growth to folks like yourself who challenge me to improve. It’s a good thing. Much respect.

Top Bottom