• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The attitude of the concealed carrier (CHL) says it all. He or She should avoid places and shopping areas where criminal types are in mass, and certainally after sundown if on foot, and even while driving. These places are known to most people but reading the newspapers and TV will show where crime rates are high. And the thought that one is armed and invincable is incorrect if the thugs get the so called drop on you and that is their usual mode of operation. And avoid any thought of looking forward to the opportunity to use the weapon in a gunfight. You must have the mindset that you may and will use deadly force to save your own life and/or the lives of others, and prevent loss of certain property. Read up on Texas Law concerning Deadly Forse, use of.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Too many CHL's in Texas do not practice shooting at all or practice shooting enough........

You would be surprised how many renewal CHL's havent fired their handgun sice the last time they qualified....

jmho.......and not based on any scientific facts...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Too many CHL's in Texas do not practice shooting at all or practice shooting enough........

You would be surprised how many renewal CHL's havent fired their handgun sice the last time they qualified....

jmho.......and not based on any scientific facts...

I find, in my personal experience, everything you say to be accurate and perfectly describing the state of things. More and more people are waking up every day though, and educating themselves. It is one benefit of a poor economy. People become much more conscious about what really matters.

Most people fail to realize, or are simply too busy with their daily lives to understand the simple fact that while they are busy not training and honing their skills or mindset, that there are other people out there at that very moment that are actually training to kill them. That's reality. It's a commonly held misconception that criminals don't train, and that they have no form of organization. Anyone in LE knows that certainly isn't always the case, as there are countless examples of criminals that do train, that do practice teamwork, and that do seek to exploit any and all weaknesses. Awhile back, I actually heard from a federal LEO (think he was a US Marshall IIRC, been a few years though) about certain gang members (I think he was referring to MS-13, just a guess though) practicing a "slap" technique that would disengage the rotating hood on Safariland SLS holsters, so they could disarm officers/agents. Think about that for a minute. Sadly, most people will just never get it. Thankfully, statistically speaking, most people will also not be subjected to deadly crime. It sure sucks when you roll snake eyes, though, and you end up being in that 1% (made up statistic, but you get the idea) that DO have to deal with violent crime against you. Random movie quote (Tombstone) that popped into my head while typing this: "You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head in to a canoe, you understand me?" -Wyatt Earp

Top Bottom