• ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    More entitlement!!

So Taylor, It'll be up to other people to pay for most of your healthcare as well as the risks of your profession??

She really doesn't see it that way, does she? What a disposable P.O.S.!!!

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Spread the HIV/AID's Taylor Lee! When your teeth fall out you can gum them to a happy ending. Yay entitlement!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That is a terrible, terrible image.
    It's also completely inaccurate. The state-mandated testing for workers in the industry, at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch and all other legal brothels, is monthly. (Monthly and weekly, according to the article.) Catch any communicable disease, especially an STD, and you're immediately fired. Even customers are put through a basic health screening before they're allowed to transact business.

Those girls are substantially healthier (physically, at least) than the general population.

The reaction to this article is yet another demonstration that people are generally lousy at assessing risk.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Or I just don't give a shit if a hooker can get health insurance and don't feel that I should have to subsidize her dream of taking dick for dollars.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...I just don't give a shit if a hooker can get health insurance and don't feel that I should have to subsidize her dream of taking dick for dollars.
    The woman interviewed was complaining that health insurance companies denied her coverage based on incorrect assumptions that all hookers are a high risk. Hookers are not necessarily high risk so she feels she's being punished for the ignorance of the insurance companies. That's a reasonable complaint. Insurance companies should not just make up criteria to deny people coverage.

They can, of course. They do it every day. But they shouldn't.

How would we react if all the insurance companies decided to take to heart that silly, inaccurate statistic of "You're 43 times more likely to be shot by your own gun" used by the anti-gun crowd? And if they then decided to deny all health coverage to people who owned guns?

We'd all be upset. We'd complain that the insurance industry is using false statistics and displaying rampant prejudice toward gun owners. Further, I think we'd be morally right to complain.

And it would probably be legal for the insurance companies to tell us to pound sand.

We'd have to fall back on getting insurance wherever we could. We'd be forced to try to sign up for anyone who would take us. That includes trying to sign up for Obamacare. If we complained about this situation publicly, I feel sure that people on anti-gun bulletin boards would not be able to conceal their contempt for us.

They'd happily post things like, lessee...

"I just don't give a shit if a potential terrorist can get health insurance and don't feel that I should have to subsidize their dream of owning and fondling phallus proxies."

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What if they do? Private companies do what they want, I guess if they decide to deny half the population so be it.

If they wanna make a living on their backs that's fine, but they chose that living. They could have done 1000 other things with their lives but they decided to whore, I suspect because they saw easy money doing something they enjoy, banging strangers.

Sorry, I have no pity for a hooker with Pre-existing conditions that can't get coverage. Shoulda done more with her life. She made a choice just like we all do. She chose what was important to her.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    I'm sorry, did you just compare millions of gun owners to prostitutes?

Let me help you sort private insurance companies out, as I used to own a health insurance agency, before our current commander in retard started promising free health care back in 2007.....

If you are a high risk profession such as: Oil Field Roustabout worker, Rodeo Clown, Prostitute, Off Shore Oil Field worker, you will be denied coverage. Why is that you ask? Well, it's quite simple. The probability of these types of workers getting injured, sick or dead is significantly higher than the rest of the population.

In the event a company will write a policy for these individuals, they will be "rated up" or have an increase in their premiums to cover the difference. Say goodbye to the person who chose that profession, and accepted the higher cost of insurance paying for their choice, now they're entitled to having you pay for them.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Benenglish +1, the chances of you catching a disease from a legal and licensed sex worker is a lot less than from some of the women I have come across in bars. If she is on the correct side of the law in her profession, it should not matter what that is.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    The point has nothing to do with how likely you are to get an STD from a licensed sex worker. The point is that they are at a significantly higher risk of contracting a disease inherently due to their line of work. STD's are rampant in the United States, and if you are having sex with strangers (albeit "safe sex") as a career, you're playing Russian roulette with them. The insurance company has to assume that risk and pay out if they issue that policy.

Is that what you got out of it?

Yes, please explain to me how owning a gun translates into having sex with strangers as far as risk goes.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm sorry, did you just compare millions of gun owners to prostitutes?
    I did, unapologetically. Just like you...

If you are a high risk profession such as: Oil Field Roustabout worker, Rodeo Clown, Prostitute, Off Shore Oil Field worker,...
    ...compared prostitutes to Oil Field workers and Rodeo Clowns. What's your point?

The probability of these types of workers getting injured, sick or dead is significantly higher than the rest of the population.
    That's not true of legal prostitutes. Not even close.

...the person who chose <a high risk profession>... accepted the higher cost of insurance...
    Yes. Agreed. That has nothing to do with the cited article but you're quite right, nevertheless.

...now they're entitled to having you pay for them.
    I don't accept the legitimacy of that viewpoint which is why I don't like Obamacare. It's a feel-good idea, badly implemented.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Private companies do what they want, I guess if they decide to deny half the population so be it.
    Yep. You're right. They do what they want. And given that more and more data mining helps them separate the sick from the healthy, they have worked very hard for a long time to become better at denying coverage to anyone with a perceived risk.

Of course, once they deny enough people, the demand for health coverage will eventually turn to the mechanism-of-last-resort by which we enforce our social contract, the government. We get Obamacare or something like it.

To my way of thinking, that's a sad outcome.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    That is a terrible, terrible image. Haha

Sent while being unproductive

article-0-0BC5336D00000578-243_306x423.jpg

Top Bottom