• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Do NOT look up fish hook injury photos. I tried one to compete with MF's - just couldn't do it.
    Hurley's Gold

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    ogulin-1304.jpg

28018d1398893184-horrifying-fishing-accident-ogulin-1304.jpg

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Her father must be so proud.

I would kick my daughter's ass into next week if she did that.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Her father must be so proud.

I would kick my daughter's ass into next week if she did that.

I dunno, I imagine she would have a pretty substantial pain threshold. You may just end up having to see a proctologist to remove the foot you attempted to kick her with.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Went fishing with my FIL on the Saint James River in Florida a few years back. A squall line moved in and the bass started to hit the lures hard. Tried to toss a lure next to a log -- turned out to be a gator and I should have cut the line, because that critter followed my lure all the way back to the boat. The Old Man told me to relax ... keep your arms inside the boat.

Not much confidence to be had in a 12 foot Jon Boat!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    hell, last time i went fishing for bass and alligator gar a few weeks back in a gator infested pond, i was casting while aiming for a small gators head. Thing was tame, just kept moving away. I am aware how fast they run, as a guy who was with us had been chased by one before.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I was night fishing under a light for trout on a bayou on the Mississippi Gulf Coast several years ago. I noticed some glowing orange eyes just above the waterline keeping just out of the light. I cast towards it knowing full well that it was a gator, but not expecting to foul hook it by one of its rear legs. It was quite pissed and put up a helluva fight on that meager trout rod I had.

Instead of making the smart play and cutting the line, I managed to get it up the 4 foot bulkhead and onto the lawn I was fishing from. Now I had a 5 foot pissed off alligator staring me down.

Being from SE Louisiana, I was able to come up from behind while someone else distracted it and get it pinned. We put some duck tape over the snout and released it in a nearby nature preserve.

Had it not been illegal to kill it (it was mid-July), we would have made a nice alligator sauce piquant out of it.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I was night fishing under a light for trout on a bayou on the Mississippi Gulf Coast several years ago. I noticed some glowing orange eyes just above the waterline keeping just out of the light. I cast towards it knowing full well that it was a gator, but not expecting to foul hook it by one of its rear legs. It was quite pissed and put up a helluva fight on that meager trout rod I had.

Instead of making the smart play and cutting the line, I managed to get it up the 4 foot bulkhead and onto the lawn I was fishing from. Now I had a 5 foot pissed off alligator staring me down.

Being from SE Louisiana, I was able to come up from behind while someone else distracted it and get it pinned. We put some duck tape over the snout and released it in a nearby nature preserve.

Had it not been illegal to kill it (it was mid-July), we would have made a nice alligator sauce piquant out of it.

yeah, i'm probably not going to do that again. But the guy i was fishing with did capture all of the alligators they had in a neighborhood lake out and moved em to Brazos Bend park.

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    I'm just getting INTO fishing and hope to god I never have to see or put up with anything like that in my life.

That said, the picture is not that bad; seeing it up close would be a lot worse, though.

Top Bottom