• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It’s not MY brass that hit me in the face this time. It was somebody else’s (shooting to the left of me in a class).

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It didn’t seem to stick... but maybe because my face was sweaty plus suntan lotion... it’s possible it stuck for fraction of a second.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Well, I tried some practice draws/ fire from my concealed carry holster in everyday clothes today, and forgot about the need for a high neckline to avoid doing the hot brass dance.

It’s anticlimactic though, because I’m just pretty calm like that, hahahaha.

I was trying a quick fire with one hand as soon as I cleared the holster. This worked pretty well, except for the brass part. It kept happening, too.

Overall, I’m not unhappy with how I did. I had to lean back a bit to get at the gun under my breast, and honestly I also wanted to lean back because as I was drawing I didn’t want to lean forward and then have the firearm pointed in towards my pelvis as I draw, ya know?

I WAS careful not to sweep my hand as I reholstered. From that angle, it does look a little sketchy, but I promise I was careful not to do it.

I love my trigger finger discipline under pressure. I have to say, I’m pretty good at that, at least.

I’ll be practicing this again, at a class on Saturday. I’ll wear a better, closed neck top though!

When you get that enough times, you are like 'whatever' and just shake it out. You get enough guys and gals on the same firing line, the odds of eating some hot brass are high.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    What gets me though, are the people on the ejection side that give you the stink eye because your brass had the audacity to hit them. When I get peppered with brass, I either stop shooting and back off, or use it as an anti-flinch drill.
    I just ignore it and keep on shooting. If it goes down the T-shirt, I wiggle it a little and let it cool off at belt level. After years of it, it is just more annoying than some major catastrophe.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I took 3 rounds of brass down the back of my shirt at a training course over the weekend. It had been a while since that happened. Still not fun.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I understand. There are levels of pain. That is welcome compared to EMG's, muscle biopsies, and getting bone marrow extracted, or poking around for a vein to drain off a pine of blood. I will take hot brass all day long. I was helping my wife with her HKC .45 at a public range sitting behind her. I was getting pelted with .45 brass, that she seemed concerned about. I told her to focus on the target, I have eaten enough hot brass over the years, it doesn't mean anything to me. She tore up the bullseye, in the child sized targets they provide. I should take out my clean bore/One armed man/Tom Ridges targets. :)

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    My delicate lady face skin still has the brown casing-shaped tattoo. I think it will slough off though eventually.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom