• ...and so much more!
  • bsp212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Houston
    Well, all right then!

Yep, little man syndrome!

I thought about joining but the cost is high and weather restrictive.

I was talking with some guys at TGC and one mentioned gun games at Shiloh and I’m thinking about looking into that for a change.

Weather restrictive is an understatement. I just looked at their Facebook page just for kicks and the common denominator in every picture was mud. It's literally so bad at one match I was the only person with a 4-wheel drive truck so I had to retrieve all the target stands from the "rifle" bay when the match was over.

Check out Cawthorn Cartridge Club. It's not far from Impact Zone and has MUCH better facilities. As a bonus, I never encountered anything like this when shooting matches there. Yes, it's a little expensive, and no, I'm not a member, just had good experiences shooting there.
    Texas SOT

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    https://texasguntalk.com/threads/hot-s-expletive-deleted-s-wells-houston.88281/page-6#post-2002919

Its easy to understand why.

Consider that the most popular hoslter used for OC is a serpa (or is functionally similar to a serpa), which is also the #1 most banned holster by ranges, instructors, police departments, etc. Not to mention all the shitty uncle mikes, fobus, etc

It's not worth the hassle to let this one guy OC because he has a safariland, but not let these guys OC because they have serpas. The second the serpa guys see the guy OC'ing with a decent holster, they'll bitch.

And it's just not worth it. This isn't to imply that you are using a shitty holster, or aren't squared away OP, but I can guarantee that for (almost) every rule a range has that you may think is stupid, there is more than one reason why it's there.

bsp212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Houston
    Weather restrictive is an understatement. I just looked at their Facebook page just for kicks and the common denominator in every picture was mud. It's literally so bad at one match I was the only person with a 4-wheel drive truck so I had to retrieve all the target stands from the "rifle" bay when the match was over.

Check out Cawthorn Cartridge Club. It's not far from Impact Zone and has MUCH better facilities. As a bonus, I never encountered anything like this when shooting matches there. Yes, it's a little expensive, and no, I'm not a member, just had good experiences shooting there.

bsp212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Houston
    Evidence to support my claim:

Attachments

• IMG_5860.jpg
      IMG_5860.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 360

dial1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2019
    cypress
    The last time I went to Hot Wells i asked to be at the far right end of the pistol line. RO declined as the other shooters were at the left end (this would be why). Whatever, get in my lane and start setting up. I glance to my right and 2 lanes over it's a glock pointed directly at me while being reloaded and chambered. I loudly announce to "watch your f'in muzzle" RO proceeds to reprimand me for yelling at the person who had a gun pointed at me while he loaded it, ignoring my statements of why I yelled at him.

I'm a member of a private range now.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Hot Wells has improved their facility, but I'm still nervous going there. I've been muzzle swept there more times than I can count, and the young RO's were usually completely unaware.

usedtobelockhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2020
    lockharttexas
    As others have said, I like Lone Star, just north of Lockhart. Been shooting there for about 12 years now. They had some real rude dickheads working there when I first started. They have weeded them out I guess, dont see those guys anymore. I used to be able to shoot my silhouette pistols there on the 100 yard range, but they quit allowing handguns at that distance. Asked the owner what happened and he said some young folks were shooting pistols on the 100 yard range and apparently became bored with shooting the paper targets, so they decided to start shooting at rocks and such, between the firing line and the berm. Well, understandably, they outlawed all handguns on the 100 yard line! There are houses behind the range, and all it would take is one bullet in one house, and then NO RANGE! I still love to shoot there even though I no longer shoot my long range pistols at long range.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As others have said, I like Lone Star, just north of Lockhart. Been shooting there for about 12 years now. They had some real rude dickheads working there when I first started. They have weeded them out I guess, dont see those guys anymore. I used to be able to shoot my silhouette pistols there on the 100 yard range, but they quit allowing handguns at that distance. Asked the owner what happened and he said some young folks were shooting pistols on the 100 yard range and apparently became bored with shooting the paper targets, so they decided to start shooting at rocks and such, between the firing line and the berm. Well, understandably, they outlawed all handguns on the 100 yard line! There are houses behind the range, and all it would take is one bullet in one house, and then NO RANGE! I still love to shoot there even though I no longer shoot my long range pistols at long range.
    The owner is not a “he”. A lot of other questionable information in your post as well.

usedtobelockhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2020
    lockharttexas
    Well, the guy introduced himself to me as the husband of the lady that owns it. So, I dont know. But, you seem to be able to read peoples minds, Hoji. You seem to know everything, so tell me the other questionable things i've posted.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well, the guy introduced himself to me as the husband of the lady that owns it. So, I dont know. But, you seem to be able to read peoples minds, Hoji. You seem to know everything, so tell me the other questionable things i've posted.
    Everything you said after : “ Asked the owner what happened and he said”

usedtobelockhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2020
    lockharttexas
    Well, that is what the fellow told me, and it made sense that if they couldn't shoot at the correct targets that they would be banned from shooting at all. But, their behavior cost me the ability to shoot my silhouette guns at the longer range. You seem to go out of your way to piss people off. I've noticed that in alot of your posts and replies to others on here. What's your deal, dude? Or are you just the resident asshole on this forum?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well, that is what the fellow told me, and it made sense that if they couldn't shoot at the correct targets that they would be banned from shooting at all. But, their behavior cost me the ability to shoot my silhouette guns at the longer range. You seem to go out of your way to piss people off. I've noticed that in alot of your posts and replies to others on here. What's your deal, dude? Or are you just the resident ******* on this forum?
    I just call bullshit when I see it. Take that for what it is worth, but if I call bullshit on something someone posts, I am 100% sure of my position.

If folks don’t want to get pissed of at my posts, simply don’t post bullshit

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I dont believe I'll take ANYTHING you have to say as gospel. You sound like a mean spirited azzhole and I feel sorry for your wife, if you have one, and your dog, too You probably kick him in the azz everytime you come in the door. Bowling pin commando! Hahahaha, I just bet you are!

Quoting for posterity.....

Get a grip Sir.......

usedtobelockhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2020
    lockharttexas
    I said I started shooting there 12 years ago. The guy I was talking to told me about the kids shooting at rocks only about 2 years ago. He was sweeping up brass at the 25 yard line and I decided to ask him why they quit allowing handguns at the rifle line, and thats what he told me. You get triggered over something like that? Geez, dude!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I said I started shooting there 12 years ago. The guy I was talking to told me about the kids shooting at rocks only about 2 years ago. He was sweeping up brass at the 25 yard line and I decided to ask him why they quit allowing handguns at the rifle line, and thats what he told me.
    usedtobelockhart said:
    As others have said, I like Lone Star, just north of Lockhart. Been shooting there for about 12 years now. They had some real rude dickheads working there when I first started. .

To which I stated my bullshit detector was pinging. When Matt died in the accident in 2011, there were exactly 4 people that worked there, and three of them were there when it happened, the fourth got there from his full time job as fast as he could when he was called by one of the folks on scene. He got there before his body was removed from the wreckage.
    I have quite a bit of insight into LSGR from 2005-( before it was even open to the public. I was taking my classes out there to shoot, and helping Matt by covering some of his classes so he could build the ranges) so again, want to guess why my bullshit detector is pinging?

Last edited:

usedtobelockhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2020
    lockharttexas
    Man, you are one piece of work. Hell, maybe it was only 10 years ago I started shooting there! Who cares? But, there were some real turds working there and I guess they got fired or quit, they are not there anymore.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Man, you are one piece of work. Hell, maybe it was only 10 years ago I started shooting there! Who cares? But, there were some real turds working there and I guess they got fired or quit, they are not there anymore.
    In 2010 there were still exactly 3 people that worked there.
    Want to guess why my bullshit detector is pinging off the fucking scale.

usedtobelockhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2020
    lockharttexas
    yeah, cause you are fulla shitt and probably the biggest bullshitter on here. I dont need this little cliquey forum. seems like a bunch of em on here are just like you, "Bowling pin commando!" so, kiss my hairy ass, hoji i wont be back! bowling pin commando! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Top Bottom