• acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Just saw this on Facebook...

14021601_1042608802455753_1621323857186823104_n.jpg

According to the comments this is 25 yards and 100 yards from the same benches. (No idea about 50 yards though.) Also says their fees are the same as they were prior to the upgraded benches.

I've been to Hot Wells only once several years ago but remember their wooden benches being one of the things that were in desperate need of upgrading. Can't say anything else about the range's facilities or policies but the concrete benches are a step in the right direction.
    Lynx Defense

roberthleeii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    I was there last weekend and all of the rifle range was closed until they are completed. I would call before you go try to shoot. What was done does look very nice.

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    I think they are replacing the benches as a result of a lot of stuff being damaged in the floods back in April... The building is also torn down and they are operating out of a trailer. I was just there on the pistol range this past weekend with my kids. We got there fairly early on a Saturday so it wasn't busy at first, but by the time we were done there were quite a few people; lots of ladies and a few kids too.

I go there occasionally because it's close and they charge by the gun and not by the person. So both my kids and wife were shooting the little .22 and it was only $10 for the one gun. Yes, they are still overly sensitive to how fast you shoot. Seems like every time we're there I get tapped on the shoulder and advised that there is no "rapid fire" allowed. (They expect a full 2 to 3 seconds between shots.)

Top Bottom