• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    One of my dogs died yesterday. He was 12 years ol and the life expectancy for that breed is supposedly 8-10 years.

Buried him in the backyard last night. The ground is rock hard clay even though it is on a sprinkler system. I sure wish I had had a pick ax.

Sorry for your loss NV. Please go out and find another guy soon. Our Lab breeder has some dogs available to a good home that will not cost much or anything at all. She is located in the Austin area so I can get you her phone number if you would like a Labrador. She breeds show quality/pet quality large English labs that are fantastic and extremely easy to train.

20140603_130147_zpsea2043e8.jpg
    Military Camp

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Every time someone mentions labs, I think of this image that was passed around awhile back:

41875411a628c7ea0ccac0a27ba9338b_view.jpg

:)

lol. Yes they can be crazy. I've on number 6 and he's doing great. I've only had one difficult Lab and he turned out to be the best one. His loyalty was tested and unbroken. He and I had a bond. This guy I have now is just a great crazy friend and we love him. Every home should have at least one Lab in their life since they are such happy fun dogs. They never have a bad day and even when sick or hurt they still wag their tales.

20140514_152018_zpsc26e0deb.jpg

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Every time someone mentions labs, I think of this image that was passed around awhile back:

41875411a628c7ea0ccac0a27ba9338b_view.jpg

:)

lol. Yes they can be crazy. I'm on number 6 and he's doing great. I've only had one difficult Lab and he turned out to be the best one. His loyalty was tested and unbroken. He and I had a bond. This guy I have now is just a great crazy friend and we love him. Every home should have at least one Lab in their life since they are such happy fun dogs. They never have a bad day and even when sick or hurt they still wag their tales.

20140514_152018_zpsc26e0deb.jpg

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    The knucklehead that owns our house ...

Gator_play_082015_01.jpg

The fedEx guy delivered a package this week.
    First time we've seen her go an alert.
    She was all bidness, too.
    Play ceased and she was still and quiet as a church mouse for several minutes, just daring that front door to open.

When we play in the yard, she uses her massive chest to hit my legs trying to take me down.
    and she is amazing with her paws at swatting and grabbing objects ... and hands and feet.
    Guess it's why they call them boxers ...

She's 4 months and 40 lbs. She'll be quite intimidating in a few months, I believe.

I posted an update to her health in another thread.
    It's been a saga.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Just oak and mesquite

The city has a lot of pecan trees around here and when they trim the limbs that are too low, they often end up with some pretty good sized logs. Pecan works pretty good for smoking also. Not as tasty as mesquite or hickory, but it's convenient and free, so I use it sometimes. A lot of live oaks around here also, so I use them too.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Mesquite's are nuisance trees that root deep and suck a lot of moisture out of the ground. Luckily they leave a good flavor when used for smoking. Still can't stand the things and just sprayed 40 or so little seedlings this past weekend. Anyone near me needs some mesquite wood for their smoker, bring your chain saw and come on out.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Spring area? I had to laugh when I just heard an ex-coworker running a Refrig branch in Houston has just up and moved to New Mexico. He was Infuriated with the crime in Houston and also stated it was the vehicle breakins that pushed him over the edge to move!! Houston...... what a Sh-tHole!! :roflfunny:

Top Bottom