• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    "Over a week ago, the Texas Nationalist Movement called on the Texas Rangers to investigate Texas Speaker of the House Dennis Bonnen. Today, the General Investigating Committee of the Texas House made it official.

Since details emerged about a secret recording that purportedly captures Bonnen offering Empower Texans CEO Michael Quinn Sullivan media access to the House floor next session in exchange for targeting members of his own party in the next election, the TNM has called for an official criminal investigation into the matter. On August 2nd, TNM President Daniel Miller filed a complaint with the Texas Rangers Public Corruption Unit.

In the days since, a public hearing was called of the General Investigating Committee of the Texas House. Although billed as a public hearing, the bulk of the hearing took place in executive session behind closed doors and away from public scrutiny.

When the committee members emerged, Chairman Morgan Meyer put forth a motion to turn the entire matter over the Texas Rangers and deliver their findings to the committee. In a prepared statement, Meyer made it clear that the referral of the Rangers’ findings to the committee was not meant to supersede any other referrals they might make. This was a clear reference to turning over their findings to the Travis County District Attorney for possible criminal prosecution."

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Hopefully we can vote him out before this mess of an "investigation" starts. Seeing how past investigations against politicians dont have a very good tract record for prosecution.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Was watching tv last night when it was said that the Democrats filed some kind of suit over this, and that it was backed/okayed with Republican approval.

Reactions: gll

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

He's one of the few politicians I have any respect for, and this right here is a big reason for that.

“I’m not an opportunist and I don’t want anyone to see me that way, but one of the things about being in the military is leadership is about honor, integrity, and character,” said West. “If we’re going to move forward with the Republican Party of Texas, I’ve got to tell you that I can’t work with someone who has a lack of honor, integrity, and character.”

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    He's one of the few politicians I have any respect for, and this right here is a big reason for that.
    Just now emailed my state representative, Andrew Murr, who I believe to be a Bonnen sycophant, and will follow with a phone call.

"Following Speaker Bonnen's anti-constitutional carry actions and dirty, dishonest, manipulating politics in the last legislative session, the new revelation that he would conspire with Empower Texas to unseat fellow Republicans reveals that he is unfit to be speaker, or to have a seat in the legislature...

Therefore, I am asking you to join with fellow Republican State Reps. Jonathan Stickland(R-Bedford), Phil Stephenson (R–Wharton), and Kyle Biedermann (R–Fredericksburg), and with Lt. Col. Allen West, and by now surely others, in calling for Dennis Bonnen to step down from the Speakership and resign from his State House seat.

I will be watching for your name on the right side of the news...

Please respond!"

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Just now emailed my state representative, Andrew Murr, who I believe to be a Bonnen sycophant, and will follow with a phone call.

"Following Speaker Bonnen's anti-constitutional carry actions and dirty, dishonest, manipulating politics in the last legislative session, the new revelation that he would conspire with Empower Texas to unseat fellow Republicans reveals that he is unfit to be speaker, or to have a seat in the legislature...

Therefore, I am asking you to join with fellow Republican State Reps. Jonathan Stickland(R-Bedford), Phil Stephenson (R–Wharton), and Kyle Biedermann (R–Fredericksburg), and with Lt. Col. Allen West, and by now surely others, in calling for Dennis Bonnen to step down from the Speakership and resign from his State House seat.

I will be watching for your name on the right side of the news...

Please respond!"

Murr is my rep also, not pleased with 2A responses I’ve gotten from his staff. He didn’t seem to support HB357.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Murr is my rep also, not pleased with 2A responses I’ve gotten from his staff. He didn’t seem to support HB357.
    I'll vote against him, first time he has a worthy opponent...

Top Bottom