Join TexasGunTalk

House Committee Echoes TNM Call For Bonnen Investigation

Discussion in 'Activism' started by gll, Aug 12, 2019.

1. gll

gll Active Member

Jan 22, 2016
    "Over a week ago, the Texas Nationalist Movement called on the Texas Rangers to investigate Texas Speaker of the House Dennis Bonnen. Today, the General Investigating Committee of the Texas House made it official.

Since details emerged about a secret recording that purportedly captures Bonnen offering Empower Texans CEO Michael Quinn Sullivan media access to the House floor next session in exchange for targeting members of his own party in the next election, the TNM has called for an official criminal investigation into the matter. On August 2nd, TNM President Daniel Miller filed a complaint with the Texas Rangers Public Corruption Unit.

In the days since, a public hearing was called of the General Investigating Committee of the Texas House. Although billed as a public hearing, the bulk of the hearing took place in executive session behind closed doors and away from public scrutiny.

When the committee members emerged, Chairman Morgan Meyer put forth a motion to turn the entire matter over the Texas Rangers and deliver their findings to the committee. In a prepared statement, Meyer made it clear that the referral of the Rangers’ findings to the committee was not meant to supersede any other referrals they might make. This was a clear reference to turning over their findings to the Travis County District Attorney for possible criminal prosecution."

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

308nato, Maverick44, Moonpie and 4 others like this.
  2. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Sure wish the details of that executive session were public, I'd really like to watch this one up close. Thanks for posting.

gll, EZ-E, toddnjoyce and 2 others like this.
  3. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Politicians covering other politicians backs.

jordanmills and Big Green like this.
  4. EZ-E

EZ-E Freedom vs Tyranny 2020 TGT Supporter

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    Hopefully we can vote him out before this mess of an "investigation" starts. Seeing how past investigations against politicians dont have a very good tract record for prosecution.

gll and Southpaw like this.
  5. Byrd666

Byrd666 Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere TGT Supporter

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Was watching tv last night when it was said that the Democrats filed some kind of suit over this, and that it was backed/okayed with Republican approval.

gll likes this.
  6. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Dems tryin' to hurt RINOs - they just keep gettin' better & better.

gll likes this.
  7. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    gll, oldag and EZ-E like this.
  8. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

He's one of the few politicians I have any respect for, and this right here is a big reason for that.

308nato, motorcarman, gll and 5 others like this.
  9. gll

gll Active Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Just now emailed my state representative, Andrew Murr, who I believe to be a Bonnen sycophant, and will follow with a phone call.

"Following Speaker Bonnen's anti-constitutional carry actions and dirty, dishonest, manipulating politics in the last legislative session, the new revelation that he would conspire with Empower Texas to unseat fellow Republicans reveals that he is unfit to be speaker, or to have a seat in the legislature...

Therefore, I am asking you to join with fellow Republican State Reps. Jonathan Stickland(R-Bedford), Phil Stephenson (R–Wharton), and Kyle Biedermann (R–Fredericksburg), and with Lt. Col. Allen West, and by now surely others, in calling for Dennis Bonnen to step down from the Speakership and resign from his State House seat.

I will be watching for your name on the right side of the news...

Please respond!"

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

10. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Emailed my rep.

Maverick44 and gll like this.