House GOP just passed bill to restore health insurance

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Are they brilliant and can use this to show they are fighting for the little man and rolling back the ACA or should they have made BHO "own" the loss of healthcare insurance by millions?

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
All this does is help the Democrats who voted for it. It does nothing to help Repubicans.

They should have voted to repeal.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
Jan 8, 2009
Austin
Make him own it. Make him enforce the law he wanted. Stay out of it until he's forced to come to Congress for help, then demand tax cuts, entitlement reform, and anything else you want in exchange for repealing the thing and saving the country.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
Dec 12, 2011
Corpus christi
I thought the plan was to let it fail and that's why Cruz was a hostage taker. Now that it's failing they're trying to fix it?!?

Whiskey tango foxtrot.

If I hear another republican say, they oppose it, because it's not ready for prime time. I'm going to puke. Because I infer that they would support it with some adjustments... And if that's the case what the hell is the point for voting republican?!?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
I share the initial reaction of most of you but im really trying to turn it over in my mind and see if there is an angle im missing.

Anyone who voted against this just voted to prevent people from keeping their insurance. That should be a good barb for their opposition to use back in their home district.

Then again...voting to restore peoples insurance could be seen as giving legitimacy to the ACA or being complicit with it but BHO is vowing to veto it. Id say most likely because there is no one year limit.

So now im back to this being a GOP victory as they can say they fought for people to keep their insurance...but BHO essentially took it away...twice.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
There is no angle you are missing.

The goal is to take Dems seats. If I am challenger I wanted to use ACA as wedge issue. Allowing Dems to vote to fix it only gives them cover and takes an issue off the table for me. It is a typical Boehner dumb ass move.

Now what I need is a repeal vote, Dems will probably not go for it, then I could use that. Of course, maybe House Dems will vote for it, knowing it is DOA in Senate or vetoed in WH. Chess not checkers.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
Jan 8, 2009
Austin
Renegade is correct. The Republicans just need to shut up. I know what they think they're doing but it's not necessary. Just shut up and let it burn. Why is that so hard to understand?

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads