• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Are they brilliant and can use this to show they are fighting for the little man and rolling back the ACA or should they have made BHO "own" the loss of healthcare insurance by millions?
    ARJ Defense ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    All this does is help the Democrats who voted for it. It does nothing to help Repubicans.

They should have voted to repeal.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Make him own it. Make him enforce the law he wanted. Stay out of it until he's forced to come to Congress for help, then demand tax cuts, entitlement reform, and anything else you want in exchange for repealing the thing and saving the country.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I thought the plan was to let it fail and that's why Cruz was a hostage taker. Now that it's failing they're trying to fix it?!?

Whiskey tango foxtrot.

If I hear another republican say, they oppose it, because it's not ready for prime time. I'm going to puke. Because I infer that they would support it with some adjustments... And if that's the case what the hell is the point for voting republican?!?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I share the initial reaction of most of you but im really trying to turn it over in my mind and see if there is an angle im missing.

Anyone who voted against this just voted to prevent people from keeping their insurance. That should be a good barb for their opposition to use back in their home district.

Then again...voting to restore peoples insurance could be seen as giving legitimacy to the ACA or being complicit with it but BHO is vowing to veto it. Id say most likely because there is no one year limit.

So now im back to this being a GOP victory as they can say they fought for people to keep their insurance...but BHO essentially took it away...twice.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    There is no angle you are missing.

The goal is to take Dems seats. If I am challenger I wanted to use ACA as wedge issue. Allowing Dems to vote to fix it only gives them cover and takes an issue off the table for me. It is a typical Boehner dumb ass move.

Now what I need is a repeal vote, Dems will probably not go for it, then I could use that. Of course, maybe House Dems will vote for it, knowing it is DOA in Senate or vetoed in WH. Chess not checkers.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Renegade is correct. The Republicans just need to shut up. I know what they think they're doing but it's not necessary. Just shut up and let it burn. Why is that so hard to understand?

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    This bill lets people keep their old insurance plans forever.

The democrats who voted against it will face pissed off voters who got cancellations. Reid will piss a ton of people off if he refuses to vote on the house version. Ofailure will piss off 100 million people if he vetoes it.

The communists don't want the old insurance plans to be permanently grandfathered. They only want 1 year so they can weasel their way out of the electoral slaughter they face next Nov before continuing to destroy the health care system, immigration, and economy.

The demonrats have to either walk their talk now or go on the record as liars with the liar in chief and face 100 million voters whose insurance was canceled.

Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    This is stupid as hell on the GOP's part. They didn't "save insurance", what they did is force people to keep their sub par insurance plans that are taking advantage of people.

The Dems are handy them the biggest victory over liberalism is years, and they will screw it up.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    This is stupid as hell on the GOP's part. They didn't "save insurance", what they did is force people to keep their sub par insurance plans that are taking advantage of people.

The Dems are handy them the biggest victory over liberalism is years, and they will screw it up.

Sub par? The plan I had canceled was much better and cheaper than what those bass turds are offering now.

Either way this bill is sophistry.

My insurance is through my employer. They took the steps needed to be compliant per the law. Spend $$$$ doing to research, paying consultants etc. they were ready to be compliant this year. So they rolled out their compliant plans. No matter what gets passed at this point, they've already entered into contracts already rolled out compliant plans, they're not going to stop and go back, in their minds they're just ready one year early. Even if last years deal was much much better, that's gone. And for that dumb ass to go out and say he's gonna make it like it was while keeping the law in place, and for republicans to go out and pass some toothless fix, it's just a show. Because no one is going to go back. They've already done what they needed to do...

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Republicans forcing people to buy insurance? No thats the democrats plan.

Okay, let me go a little slower this time and avoid the sarcasm

Here is the deal.. ObamaCare forces all policies to cover a pile of junk that many people dont want or need. Things like birth control just as an example, my wife and I don't want it and would be just fine not clunking out extra cash on a monthly premium for it. Regardless of whether or not we want it though a plan that doesn't cover it, from the Democrat/Obama perspective is going to be "sub-par". The plan doesnt meet the "standards" they have set out for the lowly subjects to purchase.

What the Republicans have done is hand the Democrats & Obama a perfect talking point about how the republicans don't want people to get these "better" plans.

There is absolutely nothing the GOP should be doing right now but sitting back.

There is no reason for them to pass any legislation. Say they pass legislation that helps out a bunch of people, well what they have done is prevent the pain of ObamaCare from hitting the masses. The fact is most people are clueless, and the media certainly won't be shouting how the GOP saved the day. If the dumb-masses are not screwed over they will continue to look at us, the informed crowd, as just crazy talkers.

Example, Joe(us) is screaming there is a big asteroid coming at us we need to build a big laser and fix it. Well most people(average uninformed american) will go Joe youre an idiot everything is fine the sun is shining the weather is great. Then Joe on his own whips up some laser blasts the asteroid out of the sky, the media never reports any of this. Guess what happens? Everyone still thinks Joe is an idiot and keeps watching their american idol. Sooner or later we need to just let the big rock hit and mess some thing up. Continually delaying things wins us nothing, let this garbage hit and hopefully it snaps enough people awake in 2014.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This bill lets people keep their old insurance plans forever.
    Lets people keep it, or forces the insurance companies to continue offering the plans even with them having to take the regulatory hits in other areas? If it's the latter, I can't agree with it. Just more government meddling in the marketplace :p

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom