• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm not too happy about the individual mandate staying in. It's basically forcing American citizens to buy a product at gun point.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I'm not too happy about the individual mandate staying in. It's basically forcing American citizens to buy a product at gun point.
    I can see that, and wouldn't be happy if applied to me, but it doesn't. In general, however, I am against it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I had insurance before Ocare mandated it and would still have it without, but it infuriates me on principle.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    It stinks than I'm forced at tax-point to purchase a product that is not only expensive, but doesn't actually cover anything. Go to the doctor? Bring cash. Lots of cash. The net result is our family foregoes doctors visits, because it's simply too expensive. Meanwhile I see on FB all the time where my liberal schoolmates who never did much with their lives (beyond complain on FB, of course) go to the doctor for any little thing, and complain about the $10 copays.

I could do a whole lot more with my $15k/yr. that is basically lit on fire is all I'm saying.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Would have liked to see the individual mandate gone as well along with the earned income credit. Corporations should lose their ability to donate to political parties and candidates and have the tax be at 10% or lower.

However, if Trump continues to not enforce the mandate it’s meaningless drivel.

Question for those on Ocare. The mandate is a fine with held from your refund, no?? Can’t you adjust your withholding such that you owe a small amount at the end of the year so they can’t fine you??

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The penalty increases each year to keep people from just paying the penalty rather than actually purchasing the insurance.
    And as far as just adjusting your withholding amount: it’s the IRS! You can bet they’re not going to be limited to just making a claim against your refund.
    If you’ve never been through one of their personal income “audits” I can personally assure you it’s a *very* long and unpleasant process (even when you fight them to a draw!).
    Keep in mind, a lot of the gangsters went to prison over IRS matters when the legal system couldn’t even get them convicted for their actual *real* crimes.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    There are a whole lot of bad things about Obama Care, but the absolute worse was getting the IRS involved in YOUR healthcare. I could not believe how quiet Americans were when this aspect of the law, was imposed! The SCOTUS decision saying it wasn’t unconstitutional was bad enough. But allowing the IRS to involve themselves in the “enforcement” aspect was just an unbelievable overreach as far as I was concerned. And yet there was really no public outcry over this! Still unbelievable to me, to this day...

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    This plan is a Bandaid to treat a Stage 3 cancer. Unless more drastic treatment is taken, this patient is a goner.

I hope Trump vetoes it and actively campaigns for Ryan's primary opponent.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The plan is a Hail Mary in hope that they can actually get something passed in the first year of holding all 3 branches and not look like a bunch of buffoons.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    The plan is a Hail Mary in hope that they can actually get something passed in the first year of holding all 3 branches and not look like a bunch of buffoons.

Too late. Pretty much everyone with a pulse knows they are useless twats. No need for smoke and mirrors. Idiots would simply figure out a way to set the mirrors on fire.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

You only get pre-existing conditions covered if you have mandated universal coverage.

I feel the use of insurance has gotten so far out of hand. People expect insurance to cover everything, and wonder why the cost of everything goes up.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I feel the use of insurance has gotten so far out of hand. People expect insurance to cover everything, and wonder why the cost of everything goes up.
    Yes, and no. You are right that many people won't shop at all, even for the most basic of services. But it's hard to throw people under the bus for a problem they can only partially influence, and only part of the time.

The bigger ($) problem starts when it is nearly impossible to intelligently obtain care on a cash-for-service basis. "How much will this procedure cost?" is not a question you can often get a straight answer for. Then we have the problem of how medical billing is performed, like the Hail Mary method of billing some absolutely ridiculous amount, and then "settling" for the negotiated "insurance" rate. Or how about the attempt to "simplify" billing by coding everything into a numeric system that may or may not actually define the procedure. Then there's the blatant fraud, or as they like to call it "clerical errors." The double and triple billing, the billing for tasks not performed, supplies that were never used, or my favorite, "oh we always bill those because they're standard for the procedure." Lets not forget, if someone passes anywhere near you, they're sending their bill as well, and everyone bills separately. So in all honesty, and I'm fairly confident in saying this is by design, people don't want to deal with it and WILLINGLY let insurance handle that mess. Just asking a hospital for an itemized bill is not easy, they often will stall or pretend they "can't get it" for you until you get "persistent."

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom