Lynx Defense

WTB (Houston) 11.5” upper (bcm, daniel defense, etc)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caseycole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Houston
    Looking to buy a 11.5” upper. Bcm, daniel defense, or something similar. Thanks in adavance. Also have a zeiss 6.5-20x50 I would be willing to trade if someone would like that. Cash is fine too.
    Guns International

Caseycole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Houston
    Casey, please involve the police if he is a fraud. It will save the next guy from from harm and might help out previous victims.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

how will the police help if he has no identity or a false identity? Or can they get him by using his phone number? I tried reaching out to the bank but I have a feeling I won’t be getting my money back on this one.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    how will the police help if he has no identity or a false identity? Or can they get him by using his phone number? I tried reaching out to the bank but I have a feeling I won’t be getting my money back on this one.

I'd still contact the police and file a report. They could get lucky if the guy didn't cover his tracks well enough. At the very least, he will be on their radar.

I'd also contact Ben and let him know and he might ban the thief from here at least.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Did you get his phone number?

Its not hard to get a name from that

Did you use an app? That will be tied to a bank account... thats tied to a person...

Its not that difficult to find who was doing this. Be the squeeky wheel, don't feel like you are trouble or being petty. This is what we are for. It sounds like a crime, and you are the victim. Nail this guy to the wall for the rest of us, please.

Caseycole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Houston
    Did you get his phone number?

Its not hard to get a name from that

Did you use an app? That will be tied to a bank account... thats tied to a person...

Its not that difficult to find who was doing this. Be the squeeky wheel, don't feel like you are trouble or being petty. This is what we are for. It sounds like a crime, and you are the victim. Nail this guy to the wall for the rest of us, please.

apprently he’s out of New Jersey. Anyways ben and the admins are taking care of it I believe. They have reached out personally. I was kinda of sour on using this page but due to their kindness I’ll stick around for sure.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anyways ben and the admins are taking care of it I believe.
    Actually, that's not 100% correct. We're doing what we can on this end. However, the crime was committed against you. It's up to you to report it to the proper authorities.

Besides the basic $200 theft that can be reported locally, I've given you 3 other agencies that he's run afoul of. You need to do formal reports to each of those.

And that's just what I could think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are other agencies that would be appropriate.

Remember, the biggest crimes this guy committed were, most assuredly, NOT stealing $200 from you. See my last PM and know that at least one federal and two state agencies should be specifically offended by his conduct...assuming you report it to them so they know about it.

And if this guy actually showed you valid IDs (which is highly unlikely, I know) he will NOT be allowed to keep his job with the agency he claims employs him. I've dealt with that IGs office more times than I care to remember and they'd come down on an employee like a ton of bricks for pulling a stunt like this.

But you gotta be the squeaky wheel. If you decide it's not worth it, I understand. But if you decide it is, know we're here to back you up.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'd also contact Ben and let him know and he might ban the thief from here at least.
    Preserving evidence requires we keep him on board for a while longer. I don't like it but banning him right now would weaken the chain of custody of the evidence.

Caseycole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Houston
    Actually, that's not 100% correct. We're doing what we can on this end. However, the crime was committed against you. It's up to you to report it to the proper authorities.

Besides the basic $200 theft that can be reported locally, I've given you 3 other agencies that he's run afoul of. You need to do formal reports to each of those.

And that's just what I could think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are other agencies that would be appropriate.

Remember, the biggest crimes this guy committed were, most assuredly, NOT stealing $200 from you. See my last PM and know that at least one federal and two state agencies should be specifically offended by his conduct...assuming you report it to them so they know about it.

And if this guy actually showed you valid IDs (which is highly unlikely, I know) he will NOT be allowed to keep his job with the agency he claims employs him. I've dealt with that IGs office more times than I care to remember and they'd come down on an employee like a ton of bricks for pulling a stunt like this.

But you gotta be the squeaky wheel. If you decide it's not worth it, I understand. But if you decide it is, know we're here to back you up.

sorry ben, I didn’t mean you guys were legally taking care of it. More so that you are taking care of it on the page, one of the admins reached out and offered half a refund to me which means the world to me right now. I should have been more specific. I understand that I need to put in the effort to take of this and I thank you guys for having my back.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Preserving evidence requires we keep him on board for a while longer. I don't like it but banning him right now would weaken the chain of custody of the evidence.

You're doing an awesome job sir. I wasn't aware of that, but I can understand what you're doing. I just wanted the OP to reach out to you so you were aware of the situation, and could take the appropriate steps to deal with it.

We trust your judgement Ben.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

This 10x

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Looking to buy a 11.5” upper. Bcm, daniel defense, or something similar. Thanks in adavance. Also have a zeiss 6.5-20x50 I would be willing to trade if someone would like that. Cash is fine too.
    Btw, are (were?) you wanting 5.56 or 300BO and would a 10.5 work?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom