• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    So, where around Houston do they allow particular Class III items??

Pasadena Gun Center: Pretty much allows anything as long as you have your papers with you. (Full Auto, SBR, Supressors)

American Shooting Center: No Class III allowed

Hot Wells: Heard that they only allow SBR there. (No supressors or F/A)

Impact Zone: Believe they allow all Class III items, but someone confirm for me.

Top Gun: Not sure, but I know they have full autos for rental, so I would assume yes to Class III's. Maybe?? Someone confirm please.

Shiloh Shooting Range: From the looks of it, they allow Class III there, but I'm not positive. Another chime in to confirm.

Carters Country: Don't know anything about it.. ??

Only creating this thread because most of the ranges near me don't allow Class III and it sucks to have NFA items and nowhere close to shoot... :confused:
    Gun Zone Deals

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    yea shiloh is cool with c3 so long as 1. you let us know, 2. you're responsible and dont tear up the place, and 3. let us shoot it!!!

a group of guys came in recently with a hk ump40, nice gun.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Shiloh was nice enough to let us shoot pistol caliber C3 and always a good group of guys.

Imapct zone is EXTREMELY C3 friendly but a members only club. Phil the owner is a good guy and is agreeable to allow new members once he has a feel for the individual.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    I did not know Shiloh Shooting Range existed. I'll have to add it to my place to take some sub guns over one of these days.

Anyone know when Sportsmans in Humble will be rebuilt (or if)? They allowed C3 as well, bunch of nice guys and close.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I just came from a class at Shiloh. It was a Beginners Tactical class and it was lots of fun. It sure takes a lot of thinking to move and shoot, compared to standing in the box.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    The Impact Zone allows SBR, suppressed, and full auto. The only thing they do not allow are guns chambered in .50 BMG and larger. Most of the bays are not too deep and there were problems in the past of bullets entering the berm and coming back at the firing line with a good amount of speed. Until a proper long range berm is built you can't fire the big guns there.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    The Impact Zone allows SBR, suppressed, and full auto. The only thing they do not allow are guns chambered in .50 BMG and larger. Most of the bays are not too deep and there were problems in the past of bullets entering the berm and coming back at the firing line with a good amount of speed. Until a proper long range berm is built you can't fire the big guns there.

So, are they open like a normal range during normal business hours or only open to members and special events?

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    So, are they open like a normal range during normal business hours or only open to members and special events?

It's a private range only open to members and special events. They have some type of public match going on every weekend and Wednesday night if you ever want to go check it out. Members can also bring guests if they want anytime.

To see the schedule
    http://www.theimpactzonerange.com/

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    It's a private range only open to members and special events. They have some type of public match going on every weekend and Wednesday night if you ever want to go check it out. Members can also bring guests if they want anytime.

To see the schedule
    http://www.theimpactzonerange.com/

Thats what I thought. I was sending emails to Phil a while back asking about how to become a member, but I'm sure he wants to get to know the potential member first before accepting their membership. I totally understand. So I just need to get myself out there...

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Thats what I thought. I was sending emails to Phil a while back asking about how to become a member, but I'm sure he wants to get to know the potential member first before accepting their membership. I totally understand. So I just need to get myself out there...

Yes, the best way is just to pick a match that sounds like it'd be fun to shoot and go out there. I think he's having an open challenge this Sunday that he's running. After the match just go talk to him about joining.

TXgolfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Humble,TX
    ranges

Carter's Country doesn't allow full auto, you can't even double fire your handgun! i see people out there with AR's, AK's etc.. but they have to single fire with @ least 1 sec in between each shot

Top Bottom