Join TexasGunTalk

Houston Area Group

Discussion in 'Houston' started by DirtyD, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Brains

Brains TGT Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Nobody is a fan of Hot Wells, it's just the closest range and convenience sometimes wins. I like the people just fine, I just don't like the ultra harsh restrictions and the lack of options. If I want to do anything beyond basic testing or sighting in a gun, I'm giving my money to someone else.

It's really not a shooter's destination. It's basically a place for new comers to get a little trigger time with the gun they bought last week. That's what they're geared toward, and that's all the staff knows. Heck, even setting up a chronograph involved teaching the range kids what a chronograph was :)

2. Dredens

Dredens Well-Known

Jan 11, 2014
    Cypress
    Lol I don't like the restrictions one bit, and the only real beef I have with the people is that it's a bunch of kid RSO's (they act fine though, I've never felt they treated me unfairly). As someone that just came off of an active military combat unit, the 5 seconds between shots for a pistol kind of eats at me. It's like the longest time ever lol.

3. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    5 seconds between shots on a pistol range. I knew there was a reason I have always driven past that place. I (continue to) pass.

4. Dredens

Dredens Well-Known

Jan 11, 2014
    Cypress
    Lol 5 seconds might be an exaggeration slightly (although it may not be). I think it was one every 1-3 seconds on rifle and one every 3-5 seconds on pistol (then again I've not been in quite a long time). I'm sure some of the regulars could clarify, but they consider anything faster than their specified intervals to be rapid fire (lol).

5. Brains

Brains TGT Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    You can mag dump a 10/22 next to a guy firing an AR-10 without being noticed though :m16:

6. Robert_K

Robert_K Glocks Not Cocks

Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    Hot Well is better than Carter's Country that for sure. I went to Thunder Range last week. I don't know how anyone gets a good shooting stance with that BS they set-up on the 100yd lane. I got frustrated and left.

7. Dredens

Dredens Well-Known

Jan 11, 2014
    Cypress
    I've been thinking of going there.

8. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Anybody shooting this weekend?
    I have not been out in a while.

9. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Where are you shooting Cam?

10. Major Kong

Major Kong Well-Known

May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I'd be game. Would prolly have to bring 1 or 2 of my girls with me.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.