• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I never said he couldn't have a trial, or that he didn't deserve one. But I do believe more than enough information has been released for me to make an informed decision as to how I feel about this particular situation.

And seeing as I'm not on the jury, nor do I have any authority to assign a punishment for his actions, I have the luxury of not waiting for the painfully slow gears of our justice system to turn.

Nor do I believe a department or local government will always be honest when their own employees are on the line. That is why it's important that we DO look at these situations ourselves and form opinions.

You seem to be grouping those in this thread as cop bashers, but you should look at the post history of many here who believe the cop is in the wrong and you will see that most do not fall in to the "cop basher" category and many have been accused of "licking boots" or some other silliness in previous threads.

Glad you have "more than enough information" to "make an informed decision". I don't; I wasn't there and I'm not the investigator. I'll just wait for those "painfully slow gears of our justice system to turn". And that's probably a good thing.
    Bob

Last edited:

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    What's missing?

We have the officers claim.

We have a very high quality video of the incident, a video that actually starts BEFORE the incident (unlike many cases where it starts midway), and the video shows the full incident in question.

The cop says the guy pointed a gun at him, twice. The video shows a clumsy guy with an unsecured weapon drop it getting out of the truck, pick it up, turn his back to the cap and put it in his truck, then a cop jumping out of his truck and pulling a gun on the guy.

If the media faked that video they are getting really good. So did the cop not arrest him or was he arrested for something different than he was charged? That doesn't make much sense.

So, what is everyone missing? What has the media been biased about?

First everything is from the media so everything should be taken with a grain of salt. Did I call bias? No? But I don't know squat about who they talked to or the quality of their info. I didn't hear the cop say anything did you? So right now I'm not comfortable saying anything for sure about the quality of the reporting. From that video there is enough that you can't rule out that there could be pc for arrest. The video doesn't contradict the guys story but it also doesn't rule out something else happening. We can't see the guys face, see every thing clearly, and we just have the one angle with a partiality obstructed view.

But I think the video does contradict that the guy pointed the gun twice at the cop. If the reports of the cops statements are correct then the charges should be dropped ASAP.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    How? The evidence is clear and irrefutable that the officer was mistaken.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Your enthusiasm for the US legal system is...misplaced.
    The only evidence seen is what will be admitted.
    Evidence is merely part of the show.
    Money decides if you win or not the vast majority of the time.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Glad you have "more than enough information" to "make an informed decision". I don't; I wasn't there and I'm not the investigator. I'll just wait for those "painfully slow gears of our justice system to turn". And that's probably a good thing.
    Bob

Additionally, the only information relevant will be the information admitted into evidence.

Cop testimony will be he was in his truck when this guy got out pointing a gun at him. He drew his and the guy dropped his firearm.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    A question I have is, if the officer had just bought beer and was leaving, why did he stop where he stopped? The other guy whipped in pretty quickly and was very close to the officer's truck. He may not have made eye contact, but I do believe he was looking the officer's direction when he got out. It's hard to tell. I think something happened right before the video, perhaps someone got cut off or something. Maybe the officer thought he got tapped by the truck? Either way, I don't see him point the gun at the officer. Maybe it was pointed that way as he dropped it or picked it up though. Or maybe the officer made it up. Sure is a lot of maybes!

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Your enthusiasm for the US legal system is...misplaced.
    The only evidence seen is what will be admitted.
    Evidence is merely part of the show.
    Money decides if you win or not the vast majority of the time.
    I could say your cynicism is misplaced. If the DA proceeds with this, the evidence can go viral and screw them up royally. The cop lied.
    Before you decide I'm bashing, I almost always back the blue. Except in obvious wrongdoing, such as this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    A question I have is, if the officer had just bought beer and was leaving, why did he stop where he stopped? The other guy whipped in pretty quickly and was very close to the officer's truck. He may not have made eye contact, but I do believe he was looking the officer's direction when he got out. It's hard to tell. I think something happened right before the video, perhaps someone got cut off or something. Maybe the officer thought he got tapped by the truck? Either way, I don't see him point the gun at the officer. Maybe it was pointed that way as he dropped it or picked it up though. Or maybe the officer made it up. Sure is a lot of maybes!

Let's take a theoretical look at the possibilities. We saw the guy open the door and start fumbling around stooping to pick something up. Almost nothing is visible through the door and the heavily tinted window. We infer and fill in in some cases to the point that we may actually think we saw things that were not visible. Here we have a cop who is pulling out and a truck pulling within a foot of the cops vehicle at a high rate of speed. The truck pulls up across multiple spaces where it's not crazy to think that the driver isn't parking to go into the store but pulling up to confront the cop. With anyone having a mindset like that, justified at that point, how might the cop have interpreted the guy's actions. Everything would of happened when the cop was still in his truck so what might he of seen? We don't know because we don't have that viewpoint. We do know that he can see things we can't like physical expressions and tensions. He also can see the gun, we couldn't. But I would bet he just saw little glimpses of what happened. Snapshots that his brain put together.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    From what I saw, my interpretation was the cop wanted to school the guy and then it eacalated. It appeared the cop got out and was motioning for the guy to come to him. When he went for ltc (assumption based on the guys account) it looked like the cop drew. I don't think he would have gotten out holstered if the guy was actually brandishing.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Do you think it's possible we missed him pointing a gun at the officer, not once, but twice?
    Do I think so? No, especially not a 2ND time but we never see a gun at all. We don't see where it came from. When it was dropped. Is it possible? Of course it is.

DirtyMarcus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2016
    Austin
    Lots of stupid in this video. Here's my take. The guy pulled in behind the off duty cop, like an ashhole, taking up multiple parking spots and in a rush. I kind of get it if he had to pee really bad, Ive been there but i dont drive like an ass because of it. I think the off duty saw this and it annoyed him then saw the guy get out of the truck and saw his gun fall. Maybe the off duty thought the guy was going to rob the place, with the urgency he had driving into the store. Thats a reasonable suspicion after seeing the gun. However, what was the reason he obviously lied about what happened? I get it, he's human, he lies and makes mistakes but with all the bad decisions made in such a short time, maybe his employer should rethink his employment. These kind of lies could easily cost someone their freedom and ruin a theirs and their families lives. Not the type of person I want "protecting and serving" me.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I am not perplexed and conflicted, the officer lied, and made a false arrest and probably a false report. He should be fired and jailed. Without video, this guy would be going to jail and forever be a felon.
    11cecs7.jpg

Thats a reasonable suspicion after seeing the gun. However, what was the reason he obviously lied about what happened?
    Right? I can understand why it initially looked bad from the cop's perspective, but instead of just acknowledging that he misread the situation, he made stuff up to make it seem that he wasn't wrong. Why can't people just admit they are wrong?

The real question I have is did the guy ever get to goto the bathroom?

DirtyMarcus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2016
    Austin
    The real question I have is did the guy ever get to goto the bathroom?
    haha, me too. Cause when Ive had to pee bad enough to where I jump out of my vehicle its because im either getting ready to piss or shit myself. In no circumstance would I have been able to hold it long enough to make it to the jailhouse lol.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    From what I saw, my interpretation was the cop wanted to school the guy and then it eacalated. It appeared the cop got out and was motioning for the guy to come to him. When he went for ltc (assumption based on the guys account) it looked like the cop drew. I don't think he would have gotten out holstered if the guy was actually brandishing.

That's a good point, he unholstered when the guy reached for his wallet.

Plus, we're getting most of the incident "facts" from the media and the butterfinger dude. How do we know the actual report filed by the officer really says?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom