• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deadday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    San Antone
    one other thought...even had an agent gone to the shop and looked at my 4473, and written the information down, then that information would have been 'recorded and stored in a facility...etc. etc.' that agens .gov vehicle is such a place, as is his office, so a FOPA violation would exist..

After re-reading some of the Tiarht info, I will admit that my grasp on the subject is not as firm as thought it was, but it still seems to me that running a trace without having the gun in hand would be a violation..

..on an unrelated note, where is your shop, I'm always looking for new ones and there aren't many good ones around me...

please excuse the poor grammar, i'm posting from my phone at the moment..
    DK Firearms

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Not a problem, I frequently post from my blackberry or a netbook. My shop is actually in Spring, just North of Houston. As for the rest, while technically you are correct about the storage of your information in regards to the govt vehicle, that only applies if it is a GSA owned vehicle, not a rental or POV. Trust me I drive a GSA almost every day. And the office, if he is one of our "out of town" agents he may not even be operating out of an office. As for the rest, I was not trying to be "combative" I am just tired of the hysteria. And while technically what is going on may be legal, does not mean it is right or that I agree with it, and you always have the option to tell them to come back with a warrant, which I doubt they will get.

deadday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    San Antone
    On e guy was local, the other from Ohio (assumption based on the Ohio DL in his wallet..spose he could be a recent transfer)..the vehicle was a Dodge (think it was a Stratus but could be wrong) with gov plates..

I did kinda jump in this thread like a whiney school girl, I was pretty upset when I first posted, and am still working through my feelings on the incident...it's bad enough that DHS calls me a terrorist, now I've got the ATF assuming I'm supplying Pablo Escober with Glocks ;-)

Where in Spring are you? i grew up there and visit often..last week I noticed a new shop on Spring-cypress at 249, is that you?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Spectre Firearms, that is us. I actually work there for kicks, I am a Recruiter for my real job. Grew up out here too, did 8 years in the Corps and moved back about 3 years ago. Next time you are in the area shoot me a PM, I will introduce you to the guys in the shop. As far as attitude, trust me I have been so upset latley it is ridiculous, after staying pissed so long I figure I better learn as much as I can about what is pissing me off..... As for when DHS/ATF/FBI? whoever else knocks on my door, the first thing they will see is a military ID, followed by the words "I am an extremist.... find a warrant"

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Spectre Firearms, that is us. I actually work there for kicks, I am a Recruiter for my real job. Grew up out here too, did 8 years in the Corps and moved back about 3 years ago. Next time you are in the area shoot me a PM, I will introduce you to the guys in the shop. As far as attitude, trust me I have been so upset latley it is ridiculous, after staying pissed so long I figure I better learn as much as I can about what is pissing me off..... As for when DHS/ATF/FBI? whoever else knocks on my door, the first thing they will see is a military ID, followed by the words "I am an extremist.... find a warrant"

Following this thread with interest, and I am SO glad you two finally kissed and made up.

Top Bottom