• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've had a rough week, so please let them come door to door in San Antonio sometime soon. I need someone I can unload on (verbally).

High-end guns = Benelli. Benelli + Hispanic surname = ATF visit.

Hooray for racism! I thought profiling was illegal or something... Where's the NAACP, NCLR, SPLC, ACLU and the rest on this one!?

And this:

“An angry ex-girlfriend or wife is the best person in the world, the greatest source of information,” Sloan said.

Yeah.. great sources of information... except that they're known to lie.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    "It turned out two handguns, of a type drug gangsters prefer, were bought by a pastor for target practice."

The scandel. I bet i've got a handgun that gangster's prefer. . . . . . and about a third of police stations.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Oddly enough there were 2 BATFE agents in town last night at the county jail. According to the crew that was there they were all to joyously displaying their badges that said only ATF on it when asked who they worked for.

I have never seen an ATF badge til I googled it, I guess they can't fit BATFE on that lil thang. They also when asked by the medic who they worked for (prior to the badge being seen) was only ATF (then the here's my badge display), I guess they really don't like the extra 2 letters. They were described as 2 kids that looked like they hadn't finished college yet who were cocky as hell.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    So long as they're doing this based on some sort of evidence (such as the initial set-up in the article - buying 4 guns in one day) and aren't going on blatant fishing expeditions, I can't really call it a bad thing one way or another. Like it or not, much successful law enforcement is about investigating the unusual...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ummmm.......most folks what're gonna buy 4 guns at the same time don't qualify as "poor" in mah book....;)

An' since when does exercising your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS come with limits on the number of times you can exercise same?!?? Sorry - if I'm in a shop and spot TEN guns I like, and I have the $$$, they'll go home with me, and they can KMA if they don't like it. There's a couple on this board that'll tell you I can go on sprees from time ta time....<G>

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    An' since when does exercising your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS come with limits on the number of times you can exercise same?!??

New law: You must keep your political views to yourself unless you can express them in 30 words or less. :banghead: Yeah. I could actually see that.

Though we do need a max word count law on legislation...

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Well, we want to see them or we'll come back with a warrant and have the local donut eater pull you over and write you 100 tickets.

I'd still say no and be prepared to be harrassed and bullied.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, we want to see them or we'll come back with a warrant and have the local donut eater pull you over and write you 100 tickets.

I'd still say no and be prepared to be harrassed and bullied.

They've made runs at me before....I was polite - but firm. We finally agreed that there wasn't much probable cause - especially after they found that I knew the gun laws as well as they did (an' they weren't that "up" on 'em).

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Dude, why is everyone so paranoid on this forum? I know gun rights are a big deal for Texans, but if you're not doing anything wrong you shouldn't worry. The media always makes things bigger than what they are. I have met some dumb ass ATF SA's, but most are very professional and know what they are doing. Anyways just my .02 and "keepin' it real"

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Funny how the poorer you are, the more unusual you are

I believe that buying more than two of the same firearm on a single 4473 form automatically triggers a flag at the ATF. Perhaps the agents are simply following up on this long-standing policy?

Like I said - so long as they're not on a fishing expedition, I don't see a problem with it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Dude, why is everyone so paranoid on this forum? I know gun rights are a big deal for Texans, but if you're not doing anything wrong you shouldn't worry. The media always makes things bigger than what they are. I have met some dumb ass ATF SA's, but most are very professional and know what they are doing. Anyways just my .02 and "keepin' it real"

Paranoid? No. But tell me - when's the last time a reporter was questioned for writing more than 2 stories a day? The point is that the act of buing a gun should NOT be the action point of an investigation.

Top Bottom