• ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    What is going on with Houston?

There has always been crime... always will be... but...

is it just me, or does it seem like Houston has turned into a Chicago, a Detroit, a Philadelphia, or a Baltimore, etc.

What’s the deal? Even areas that historically have been considered pretty normal “safe” areas {SW/Alief, north &NW 1960} have recent shootings going on. Why has Houston (suddenly?) gone crazy?

Texas has lots of other ‘big’ cities, and yes they all have their crime issues, but things (shootings) in Houston seem to be all out of proportion to what other Texas cities are experiencing.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    What is going on with Houston?

There has always been crime... always will be... but...

is it just me, or does it seem like Houston has turned into a Chicago, a Detroit, a Philadelphia, or a Baltimore, etc.

What’s the deal? Even areas that historically have been considered pretty normal “safe” areas {SW/Alief, north &NW 1960} have recent shootings going on. Why has Houston (suddenly?) gone crazy?

Texas has lots of other ‘big’ cities, and yes they all have their crime issues, but things (shootings) in Houston seem to be all out of proportion to what other Texas cities are experiencing.
    Ever fly SW Airlines to Chicago?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    SW Houston, especially Alief, hasn't been safe for a long time. Same with 1960 area.

That said, it seems violent crime has been the worst here it has been in several years. I don't know what the numbers are exactly, and I'm not sure you can really trust them anyway. The hardcore criminals are going through a revolving door here and continuing to reoffend.

I rarely have to go into Harris County anymore and I'm thankful for it. That said, even Fort Bend is getting worse. I'm sure that it's no coincidence this county has also gone blue.

I have many years left here but I'm ready to jet for somewhere a lot quieter.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Katrina's and illegal's, jealous b/f, ex b/f, ex husband.
    Get out of jail free cards.
    Spot on. We have low rent apartments surrounding two sides of my subdivision and they catered to Katrina victims. Once the crises ended, the classy folks went back to LA and the trashy ones stayed. Heck I see dirt bikes running down westheimer. These aren’t plated dual sports. I’m talking unplated 2-stroke YZ and KX. It’s not an every day occurrence but it does happen from time to time. Heck, I even saw a guy on the sidewalk taking a piss in the middle of the day. I tell you, its gotten bad. I don’t normally open carry, but when I’m on the bike, I make that sucker as visible as I can. Lots and lots of paper tags on junkers, so that tells me no insurance. People openly smoke dope in their cars. I know because when I’m on the bike I can smell it.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I'm just glad I don't have any deliveries in Houston and only have to drive thru early each Thursday morning.

I'll keep going to Santa Fe, League City, Alvin, Dayton, Hardin, Winnie, Anahuac, Beaumont, Magnolia, Needville, Damon, Angleton. I prefer driving on the outskirts of Houston.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yup - Houston used to be part of my territory. The last 6 months I was there - and this is over 5 years ago - I made sure I was VERY well armed anywhere I went. Things were headed downhill even then - don't even want to think about what it's like now!

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Simple answer. Liberal Judges, a liberal DA and an environment that that has effectively killed any form of proactive policing.

Criminals have transitioned over to violent crime (namely robbery) instead of narcotics sales. Why stand on a corner all day when you can just take what someone else has worked for.

Houston got the city it wanted and voted for.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    1634588287796.png

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’m so glad we GTFO of Houston! Funny how Houston turned into the crap I left behind In Illinois. Funny how democratic leadership turns cities into ghettos! The Turd World taste of Houston gets stronger every day! Wait for the influx of Haitians & other border jumping democraps to arrive!

Top Bottom