• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    I waited about 1 1/2 hrs just to buy a gun! Crazy! And I saw a 50rd box of 9mm Winchester white box for $70! Crazy Crazy! Overall a great experience =)

At the George R Brown (Houston) show right after the election, I waited over 3 hours for the background check and ammo was gone in the first hour (although the prices were not as ridiculous as most at this Collectors show) - things are slowly getting back to normal!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I was there Sunday morning for about 3 hours, and I must say that I was impressed, and happy, to see so many black rifles. Prices on them are still high, yes, but are a bit lower than in months past. Looks like the laws of supply and demand will work to lower the prices even more, as I didn't see much black gun, or any gun for that matter, buying activity at all. It was similar with the ammo....generally more ammo available than at recent shows, and not nearly as much buying.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I was there Sunday morning for about 3 hours, and I must say that I was impressed, and happy, to see so many black rifles. Prices on them are still high, yes, but are a bit lower than in months past. Looks like the laws of supply and demand will work to lower the prices even more, as I didn't see much black gun, or any gun for that matter, buying activity at all. It was similar with the ammo....generally more ammo available than at recent shows, and not nearly as much buying.
    I noticed (on Sat) that buying was not as brisk as it was in the past too, even on ammo. I also agree that the higher prices and raising inventories will contribute to future lower prices and help stabilize the market. The only thing that the 'Salesman of the Year' could do is to go after guns harder in an obvious way > this would just continue the frenzy.

Glad I never panicked and fueled the fire with stupid purchases.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    One last thing...I noticed several smaller dealers with little stockpiles of outrageously priced Monarch handgun ammo. Hmmm, wonder where they got it from?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I noticed the same thing. Along with "hey... I saw that surplus AK ammo online for $300/case last week! It's $600 now!?" No wonder that stuff sells out in 15 minutes whenever a site puts it up.

I'm getting a bit sick of dealers buying stuff retail to resell like that. Sure, you have to make a buck, but that's gouging.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom