• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruggles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Did anyone attend the gun show today at the GRB? I was thinking of going on Sunday but I went to the last Pasadena gun show and was very disappointed. If anyone went today what was it like?

Thanks
    Venture Surplus ad

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I went yesterday (Sunday), and was quite disappointed. However, there's a thread about it in the Events forum where a couple guys said they thought it was good. I'm not sure if they went on Saturday when things may have been better. Ammo was in very short supply (understandably so), and there seemed to be quite a few less vendors than normal. It kinda looked like most of the smaller dealers are down to just the "dregs" of their inventories. I was there from 10am to about 11:30am, and there were probably 50% less attendees than the last couple months worth of shows in Houston and Pasadena.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    it was a great show.. prices were not tooo crazy. I went Sat, third person in the door. The Ammo guy had a TON of ammo at least on saturday. picked up an XDM 9MM for a steal.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Chicom AKs for $850 and Yugo SKS's for $400 are "not tooo crazy"? Coming from a guy who's bitching about range fees....:rolleyes:

It's OK, his cancellation request will likely be processed when the Cancellation Department returns tomorrow and start catching up anyway.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    It's OK, his cancellation request will likely be processed when the Cancellation Department returns tomorrow and start catching up anyway.

Chicom AKs for $850 and Yugo SKS's for $400 are "not tooo crazy"? Coming from a guy who's bitching about range fees....:rolleyes:

whoww.. lets keep the gloves up fellas.. for me the prices were great as i was looking for a few different pistols or maybe a shotgun or two.. and the ammo was not too overpriced.. keeping with the fact that it was there unlike most retail stores..

range fees.. ya i was surprised at how much it cost to shoot here in houston. im comming from an indoor range that would let me shoot year round unlimited time for $300 a year membership. I would go 2 to 3 times a month for about 2 hours a pop.
    I have yet to find an outdoor range here in texas that could hold a candle to the Angeles range in cali. $14.00 to shoot all day, unlimited rifles/ pistols. 70 benches just on the rifle side, It was a sweet layout
    Angeles Shooting Ranges

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    So you don't want to talk about the fact that you bad-mouthed TexasGunTalk and asked for a cancellation of your membership, but are still posting here? Okay, we don't have to.

listen Pete, im trying to be civil if you want to be an asswhole and be the big man on campus then go ahead.

sticks and stones.. but for someone in their mid 40's are you a little old for this?

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I have to......you threw a fit and said you were out of here and to cancel your membership. A quite childish tantrum I might add. It's to be expected that you'll get razzed for a while since you've obviously decided TGT doesn't suck as bad as you once claimed it does.

This is off topic however, and I for one will not participate in such violation......more than 2-3 times a day.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    listen Pete, im trying to be civil if you want to be an asswhole and be the big man on campus then go ahead.

sticks and stones.. but for someone in their mid 40's are you a little old for this?

What JkTex said about the childish rant of yours...and I'll leave it at that.

About my age, though...the mid 40's are defined as 44, 45, and 46. So, you listen here, buddy, I have just about 1.5 more months before I am "mid 40's", so, no, I am not too old for this! :p

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    What JkTex said about the childish rant of yours...and I'll leave it at that.

About my age, though...the mid 40's are defined as 44, 45, and 46. So, you listen here, buddy, I have just about 1.5 more months before I am "mid 40's", so, no, I am not too old for this! :p

nice, im glad that it shows.

tex45acp.. have you ever been to the pasadena show? i head its pretty good also. 2 hours is not far if your driving home with some new toys

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    accordingtoome I'll bet you did shoot all day, and then run like hell. I grew up in that area and was there last year.
    You leave before dusk because you become the target at night!
    Used to be able to shoot in Little Tujunga Canyon for free but that was California under Gov. Reagan.
    Texas does not have much "Public Land" and sometimes when I want to kill a coke can I lament that. Then I remember that Kalifornia Publik Land is administered only for the politically correct comrade. Welcome to Texas, where in the long run its cheaper, no state income tax, and much more free as well. Don't cancel your membership here. Don't sweat JKTex, he's OK after awhile. We all like to vent. And most important do not Judge Texas by the Houston area. There are many Texans that won't even drive thru Harris county, or Dallas for that matter. Fort Worth is OK cause of Six Flags. Also Tex-Mex is much better Mexican food than Cali-Mex.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    accordingtoome I'll bet you did shoot all day, and then run like hell. I grew up in that area and was there last year.
    You leave before dusk because you become the target at night!
    Used to be able to shoot in Little Tujunga Canyon for free but that was California under Gov. Reagan.
    Texas does not have much "Public Land" and sometimes when I want to kill a coke can I lament that. Then I remember that Kalifornia Publik Land is administered only for the politically correct comrade. Welcome to Texas, where in the long run its cheaper, no state income tax, and much more free as well. Don't cancel your membership here. Don't sweat JKTex, he's OK after awhile. We all like to vent. And most important do not Judge Texas by the Houston area. There are many Texans that won't even drive thru Harris county, or Dallas for that matter. Fort Worth is OK cause of Six Flags. Also Tex-Mex is much better Mexican food than Cali-Mex.

what i can't find is a decent hot dog or chili cheese fries.. that james coney island is crap.

anyway ya i like it here. its a nice place to live. i just wish i could find an outdoor range or knew someone with land to go shooting on. i like to shoot to about 200 to 400 yards at least..

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Have you taken a look at Carter's Country in Spring? Its off FM 1960 East near the airport. You can get directions online. I don't use the rifle range but those folks walk forever to change a target. $9.50 per gun or shooters which ever makes them more coin. Very nice store too. But no bargains these days.
    As to the fast food. Try Culver's I know there is one in Humble. (just east of the range)

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Have you taken a look at Carter's Country in Spring? Its off FM 1960 East near the airport. You can get directions online. I don't use the rifle range but those folks walk forever to change a target. $9.50 per gun or shooters which ever makes them more coin. Very nice store too. But no bargains these days.
    As to the fast food. Try Culver's I know there is one in Humble. (just east of the range)

i have gone to the carters country off the 10 a few times.. i have not seen a decent price even by todays standards on anything in that store. unfriendly to boot. Thats soo odd about the range changeing the targets for you. I went to Hot Wells (hated it) a few weeks ago and those guys took forever to change targets and put them all in the wrong spot. The guy even put my Shoot'N see targets on someone elses lane..

I need to buy some land.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I'm sorry if I made you think they change he targets for you. Nope you have to hustle out and do it yourself. Carter's on 10 is the same company. The Spring store is North on the 45 an right on the 1960.

Folks have tried to switch us to that California number only system to give locations. But it won't stick, If its the . . .
    The Carter's you visited is on The Katy Freeway
    The Spring Store is up (north) on The North Freeway, or if your on the other north/south freeway its the Eastex Freeway
    So you go up the North Freeway to FM 1960 and turn east or right. And as God as my witness there is a huge billboard just above where you turn north again towards the range. Unless a tornado has come thru. Aint this fun.
    We also have the East Freeway, and the west loop south?

badmofo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Houston
    The same as always. Crowded and the prices are getting higher and higher. Not much in ammo. At least what I was looking for. So yes it was a good show. But we all know why prices are up and supplys are down. :patriot:

Top Bottom