• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Well he may be the closest to me. thanks I will talk to him too. Is that a store front?

I google mapped 1003 Columbia (I actually used to live on Columbia but have never heard of Mueschke)....definitely not a store front, looks more like a nondescript warehouse type place. No signage that I could see.
    Gun Zone Deals

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    This guy was around doing work on LE 1911's when I was just a puppy. Once upon at time he was considered one of the best.

Mueschke Mfg.
    Herman Mueschke
    1003 Columbia St
    Houston, Texas 77008

hardcase60

I would never take a gun to him again. He is too old and has lost it. A decade ago he was fine. But no longer IMHO.

Had a buddy that 1911 failed during a class and the slide stuck back and would not go budge. He took out the slide stop to try and get it freed up, no luck. Since he is buddy of HM, took it to him. Herman hit the slide with a hammer to free it, put the pin back in told my friend that he had assembled the gun wrong and that was the problem. Well I was standing next to my friend as he had fired a few magazines out of it before the issue, and I have never known a 1911 to work for a while then fail if it was assembled wrong.

I told him that was BS, took the gun to John Dixon who immediately spotted the bulged barrel!! Probably had a squib that in the excitement of the class my friend did not realize and pushed it out with the next round mucking things up. Herman did not have a clue!!!

(Plus still have reservations about a guy that has a picture of him and Adolf Hitler patting him on the head as a kid displayed in his office.)

Last edited:

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Well John has my 1911 right now. Gave it up too him the other day. Should have it back Monday if everything goes smoothly. Hopefully its not too chewed on the inside. his price was pretty reasonable. He also showed me what he did to a rock island, smooth like a wilson combat but a 1/3 the cost. Wish I could have shot it.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Well John has my 1911 right now. Gave it up too him the other day. Should have it back Monday if everything goes smoothly. Hopefully its not too chewed on the inside. his price was pretty reasonable. He also showed me what he did to a rock island, smooth like a wilson combat but a 1/3 the cost. Wish I could have shot it.

Instead of doing the work and charging for it, John will also talk you out of doing something if he thinks it best to leave it alone.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Herman was in the army during WW2 and fought the germans

+1

And a neighbor of mine 30 years ago, one of the good guys to HPD. If you don't remember Herman Short as Police Chief, you don't have a leg to stand on to bitch about Herman Mueschke. Age is the great equalizer, along with a 1911.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom