• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I'm looking to sign me and my wife up for a basic defensive handgun class. I have taught her the basics and she can do them by herself. I just feel she needs some professional help, since I am NOT the best teacher. She gets frustrated because she doesn't hit the targets and wants to stop shooting every time we shoot at our home range.

Can anyone recommend a good class/ instructor for us to take.
    Ultimately I would love to have both of us take something like Travis Haley's Disruptive Environments class but that will take baby steps.
    Capitol Armory ad

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Patriot Handgun Training would be my suggestion. Chris is an excellent instructor and even a TGT member. You'll find no shortage of praise from those of us who have trained with him and Scap is usually his RSO. I'm sure there are plenty of other good instructors in the area but I had to suggest Chris given my personal experiences with him.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Patriot Handgun Training would be my suggestion. Chris is an excellent instructor and even a TGT member.
    He's an even better student, which give him the potential to be a truly great instructor. In a couple of decades, if he keeps it up, he'll be one of those people who get mentioned on the short "must go to" list of great trainers.

However, today he's a long drive from Crosby.

Rangel, PM me if you'd like a recommendation that's a bit closer to you.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I was checking out the Patriot site last night. Thanks for the recommendations. It is a little bit of a drive but one I'd be willing to make. Although I'm sure I would have to go to the outlet mall while we were out there lol

Top Bottom