Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As an aside, Chester the Molester was funny as hell. It was a product of the times and hasn't aged well but I wouldn't demean the enjoyment of those cartoons by using that name for any old pedo.

Taken in context, Chester the Molester is still funny. If somebody published a coffee table book with all those cartoons, I'd buy it.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    seat.jpg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    • Vigilante justice is bad.
    • Some people just need killing.
    If there was ever a case that could teach us to simultaneously embrace two conflicting ideas, this might be it.
    Ianal, however iffin I was...

I would argue the deceased was intending to and attempting to commit a sexual assault (or aggravated sexual) assault and the deadly force was only used to stop the potential assault, then pray for a member of the jury to be swayed.

Sec. 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON. (a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:
    (1) if the actor would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31; and
    (2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
    (A) to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or
    (B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.
    (1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the deadly force was used:
    (C) was committing or attempting to commit an offense described by Subsection (a)(2)(B);

Do not do this! This would be to confuse a jury into doubting guilt. But it would be worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Top Bottom