• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Saw a report several years from an anonymous survey done on the UT campus. Roughly 25% said they had been sexually assaulted. Not sure what their enrollment is, but I’m guessing 25% is a very large number.
    Context is a major issue with the term 'sexual assault' - in Texas it's the legal term for rape, in other states 'sexual assault' means 'unwanted sexual touching' which isn't always sexual in nature.

Eli

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Context is a major issue with the term 'sexual assault' - in Texas it's the legal term for rape, in other states 'sexual assault' means 'unwanted sexual touching' which isn't always sexual in nature.

Eli

True, but that's still too much.

UT's current student body, by the way, is just over 53,000 students. With roughly half of them probably female, that means probably 6,600 sexual assaults of varying descriptions, many of them rapes or attempted rapes.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Eli

I don't recall all the details of the survey, other than "sexual assault" was the terminology. No idea if or how it may have been defined in that survey.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Most of it was rapes and the rape kits not getting tested because Art sucks running a police department.
    Houston had the same issue. They shut down our crime lab and created a separate county entity to handle ALL forensic testing. It was supposed to be run by scientists and PHD level folks and not by cops. Harris County said they could fix the issue. Guess what? They suck at it too, especially when it come to processing crime scenes. They even botched up the Harding Street scene and there's still a backlog of rape kits that haven't been tested.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Houston had the same issue. They shut down our crime lab and created a separate county entity to handle ALL forensic testing. It was supposed to be run by scientists and PHD level folks and not by cops. Harris County said they could fix the issue. Guess what? They suck at it too, especially when it come to processing crime scenes. They even botched up the Harding Street scene and there's still a backlog of rape kits that haven't been tested.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Like I said, asshole Acevedo is the worst hire ever

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Top Bottom