• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not a great strategy for opposing attorneys to accuse a DA of corruption. Its generally a great idea to have some kind of professional courtesy, at least publicly.

There are lots of land mines in this case, and lots of further charges could still be made. If they were smart they would work for plea deals. She has a crap ton of evidence already, and more to sort through. Pissing her off is not a good idea. Corruption is a serious charge. Its not like saying shes not good at her job. They are accusing her of a crime.

You do realize Gamaldi, the HPOU Prez, is also national VP of the FOP?

https://www.fop.net/CmsPage.aspx?id=275

He has to zealously represent his membership.
    Gun Zone Deals

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I think it will come back to bite them. If he was announcing an FBI investigation into her wrong doing? Maybe then. Otherwise, not wise.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    He has to zealously represent his membership.
    I can remember many times when I would get into a conversation with my union president and she would admit that she really wished a particular officer or agent would just resign. She was often forced to defend people who were so dirty or incompetent that neither the union nor management thought they should be employed with the bureau. But she was stuck. Sometimes my heart really went out to her.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Interestingly, there’s a lesson in loyalty here with Gamaldi.

Remember, he was on Fox earlier this month representing the FOP and saying it’s unfair that all LEOs were being judged by the action of one. The MN Police Officer’s Federation (union) is not an FOP affiliate.

Hawkeye David

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2020
    Spring
    Being an insufferable asshat twerp is not part of that.

Once apon a time I had a CSM that was an insufferable bastard I didn't get along with one bit. One day, during family day, I had my 4 year old daughter in tow and was speaking with the battalion LTC and the CSM walked up and asked who the adorable little girl was. I introduced them and my daughter didn't miss a beat in asking "Daddy, is he the asshat?" I just had to shake my head. Needless to say, a crappy relationship totally went to hell with the CSM.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Once apon a time I had a CSM that was an insufferable bastard I didn't get along with one bit. One day, during family day, I had my 4 year old daughter in tow and was speaking with the battalion LTC and the CSM walked up and asked who the adorable little girl was. I introduced them and my daughter didn't miss a beat in asking "Daddy, is he the asshat?" I just had to shake my head. Needless to say, a crappy relationship totally went to hell with the CSM.
    Welcome Hawkeye!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Just remember...Chief Aceveda said......they didn't need any outside investigators.....HPD internal affairs could handle it....

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The second thing I would do if ever elected to Congress is call for the legalization of all the other drugs. Anyone that thinks drugs are not already legal is ignoring the two worst - alcohol and nicotine. By the way, Portugal legalized heroin in '73 and there was not a spike in usage.

Legalize all the drugs, regulate for purity, and tax them. That would reduce the prices, give the ATF some else to do besides skulk around looking at firearms, and kick the cartels right in the nads.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Instead of making a new thread.
    When you see redundant threads, report the new one. In your report, include a link to the pre-existing thread. That way, they can be merged.

Does everyone think the new thread should be merged with this one? If so, say so and hit the report button. In this case, I'd be inclined to merge the threads so that the history of the case is easy to reference by just going back 70 pages...but no one has reported the other thread and I have no idea where it is.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When you see redundant threads, report the new one. In your report, include a link to the pre-existing thread. That way, they can be merged.

Does everyone think the new thread should be merged with this one? If so, say so and hit the report button. In this case, I'd be inclined to merge the threads so that the history of the case is easy to reference by just going back 70 pages...but no one has reported the other thread and I have no idea where it is.
    There's a new thread on this?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The second thing I would do if ever elected to Congress is call for the legalization of all the other drugs. Anyone that thinks drugs are not already legal is ignoring the two worst - alcohol and nicotine. By the way, Portugal legalized heroin in '73 and there was not a spike in usage.

Legalize all the drugs, regulate for purity, and tax them. That would reduce the prices, give the ATF some else to do besides skulk around looking at firearms, and kick the cartels right in the nads.
    ATF stands for Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. Not sure how much they do on the Alcohol and Tobacco side of things. They seem to test the “shall not infringe part”.

The DEA stands for Drug Enforcement. They’ve done such a good job that no one can do drugs anymore. They still have funding.

ICE is Immigration and Customs. The Customs part has a lot to do with drugs coming over the border or on a boat or plane.

Plus there’s all the WAR ON DRUGS, Drug Task Forces and Narcotics divisions in local government.

NO CHANCE THERES ANY DRUGS IN AMERICA. Our government took care of those in the 80s

Top Bottom