• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I read about this break in on a Houston news site a few days ago. Apparently this happened at their "old" location. I usually try to stop in whenever I'm in the area.

I built a gun based off one of their lowers a couple of years ago. Was talking to them at a gun show a few weeks ago about their abrupt end to selling guns and was told their FFL had been pulled over an inventory issue concerning some of their "blue" (non-functional) guns. What they had left in the shop was being sold as a private collection.

This break in is going to hurt them bad. I hate that it happened. Everyone I've had any dealings with from SOG has been very nice.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Wow, those guys knew where everything was.. looked hispanic, wouldn't be surprised if these were weapons heading towards the border.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I heard ffl was pulled over missing NFA items

sent from my phone far far away, still monitored by NSA

After some of the underhanded, dishonest shit they have done in the past, I'd believe that before I'd believe some lame-ass "blue gun" sob story.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Care to elaborate?

A few years back they were caught red-handed selling new Daniel Defense rifles with used BCG's. They would receive the rifles from DD, pull the BCG, replace it with a used BCG, sell the rifle as new, and sell the DD BCG separately.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    A few years back they were caught red-handed selling new Daniel Defense rifles with used BCG's. They would receive the rifles from DD, pull the BCG, replace it with a used BCG, sell the rifle as new, and sell the DD BCG separately.
    I can attest to this. I personally went and broke apart one of the rifles, and found it to have a used BCG, not even DD. When I asked about the bolt, they said the DD was extra.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Wow. Glad all I bought was a stripped lower and some tactical clothing. Also maybe a knife or two.

I always felt I was treated fairly but you never know.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Wow- the BW8 location is very local to me, but I'm not an AR guy so I didn't frequent there. A quick google search of "SOG Armory" doesn't reveal too much positive though!

Eli

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    They have a strong local presence at gun shows, I think that is where they will concentrate on making money. Their 'old' location is many times better than their newer location for exposure and quality IMHO.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    This will only continue unabated until we put troops on the border and pull our heads out of the sand.

Criminal gangs have taken over certain territories in Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Laredo, Victoria, Seguin, San Marcos, and plenty of other towns and cities in South Texas.

The fukkers who stole my truck last month were stinking filth from south of the border, and they don't respect anything you or I worked hard to own. They used the truck to transport more of their own kind, only to sell them into slavery north of the border.

Scum. Kill them all.

Congressman Henry Cuellar is in a state of denial. No way his cousins could be involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom