• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Thinking about taking my kid(s) to Houston for a day or two over their Christmas break to wet our lines. DFW is getting a wee bit cold and the bite has slowed down quite a bit.

Anyhow, any places y'all recommend? Would love to get some bank fishing in, but would really, really like to saltwater fish either off a pier or even a beach...

I only said Houston because it's relatively close to DFW. I don't think Port A is in the books for a day or 2

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    Texas SOT

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I have some secret spots up my sleeve but that’s for me to know lol. Umm here are several ideas:
    1. Check TPWD pond stocking around town. I’ve caught some good fish doing that. They stock catfish or rainbow trout and it’s usually free at the locations
    2. I’ve had some good luck pier fishing at Seawolf park on pelican island (Galveston area). *It does cost money to go here though*
    3. There’s a lot of piers and jetties on Galveston that people have good luck on.
    I go boat fishing with my buddy usually
    4. You could try the Texas city dike. It’s like 6-7 miles long. Just pay entrance and drive and find a spot to park. Kinda like a beach mixed with jetty
    Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Fishing is tough this time of year.
    I'd say pond fishing would be best.
    Like was said above check out the tpwd site & see what ponds are getting rainbow trout stocked.
    I caught a 15" rainbow on the fly rod a few years ago @ Mary jo Peckham park in Katy.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Mangrove snappers are biting. Small hooks with fresh dead shrimp is a good choice. Usually best off a jetty. Not too far out.

Teach your boys to not stick their finger in his mouth. Even the little fish have teeth at the coast.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Check TPWD. Lots of state parks have stocked lakes. Purtis Creek has one and Lake Tawakoni(not stocked though) in my neck of the woods. You can call the park and see how the fishing is.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Bluecats are the fish you seek.

blues and flathead please
    Mangrove snappers are biting. Small hooks with fresh dead shrimp is a good choice. Usually best off a jetty. Not too far out.

Teach your boys to not stick their finger in his mouth. Even the little fish have teeth at the coast.
    good to know, I'd probably try to lip them
    Check TPWD. Lots of state parks have stocked lakes. Purtis Creek has one and Lake Tawakoni(not stocked though) in my neck of the woods. You can call the park and see how the fishing is.
    I have a client that snagged a 17lb striper. in Tawakoni. Only about 2.5-3hrs east of me (in in Fort Worth)
    TPWD just announced they are going to be stocking rainbow trout statewide soon.

Several Houston locations in there.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/management/stocking/trout_stocking.phtml
    we have a couple good spots for trout here as well, would love to get on the coast though.

We went and waited for them to stock last January. Stupid idea. 34* and I wore shorts... they dumped in all the trout and obviously we didn't stop to think they were probably all. spooked.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016

Those are some good eating! Where exactly are you talking about?

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    On the seawall in Galveston, there are little jetties that stick out from 61st ... up towards East Beach. Check out google, you can see them sticking out from the seawall.

Top Bottom