• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    These arent the Graphic novels you're looking for.

pvgg9q91bi261.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have a Goodreads account to keep track of books I've read, sometimes I don't remember what I have read until I start reading it again. This year 72 books so far.
    If you're going to complete that 100-a-year goal that has spawned so many articles and blogs and discussions, you're behind schedule. :)

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Given my eyes tire easily, I don't read much any longer, but I'm never without an audio-book to listen to.

This way I listen to a wide variety of books and probably get in more than (I'm guessing) a couple of hundred annually.

Currently, I'm listen to "Editing Humanity" - The prospect of Genetic Enhancement Using CRISPR - Cas 9 Technolgy.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    If you're going to complete that 100-a-year goal that has spawned so many articles and blogs and discussions, you're behind schedule. :)
    I set it low 52 and surpassed it. Stay away from Steven King if you have a goal, his books are long. I don't know how he does it, what a mind.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Sadly, Stephen King is a 'rabid' leftist.

Given his proliferation for writing books (made into movies and tv shows) read the world over, he undoubtedly is very, very wealthy, yet he's a commie through and through...perhaps this perspective originated from his early years when he was a high school (public) teacher...?

I'd love to know how much he's helped the downtrodden masses (that he loves so caringly) using his vast sums of moola?

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Sadly, Stephen King is a 'rabid' leftist.

Given his proliferation for writing books (made into movies and tv shows) read the world over, he undoubtedly is very, very wealthy, yet he's a commie through and through...perhaps this perspective originated from his early years when he was a high school (public) teacher...?

I'd love to know how much he's helped the downtrodden masses (that he loves so caringly) using his vast sums of moola?
    Yep, he has written some good books though. I read his newest one. Trump bashing included.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    DD,

Yeah, he has written some very entertaining books. I've read them all, even the one's under his pseudonym Richard Bachman. I was once a fan.

Of late though, his leftism is increasingly showing up in his writing and it dampens my enthusiasm for his writing, so I've ceased reading his stuff...not out of a sense of boycotting, but simply find his ugly criticism of the right has gotten to be too much by half...

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    DD,

Yeah, he has written some very entertaining books. I've read them all, even the one's under his pseudonym Richard Bachman. I was once a fan.

Of late though, his leftism is increasingly showing up in his writing and it dampens my enthusiasm for his writing, so I've ceased reading his stuff...not out of a sense of boycotting, but simply find his ugly criticism of the right has gotten to be too much by half...
    I know exactly what you mean. He really is an asshole.

Top Bottom