• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well I've tried to be patient with my component buying but I finally bit on something. I have a few thousand of just about every type but I've been lowest on small pistol primers for a while. When I found a cache of these Federal standard small pistol primers I caved. At 75.99 + tax I think I did pretty good. Overall it's about double what I would like to pay but between inflation and a building population of sissies I don't think we will see sub 5 cent primers every again.

It seems federals have become unobtanium for years so in spite of the pricetag I'm at ease with this purchase. I've had probably 1 in 50 or so light strikes using Remington 5 1/2s through a Sig x five and a G19 so these should help. I also had some buggy chronograph results using Federal magnum pistol in some 357 loads where they were consistently slower than the Remingtons. Naturally in my hammer fired ignition has never been an issue.

Here's a picture for your enjoyment!
    Guns International

Attachments

• IMG_20221102_210957333.jpg
      IMG_20221102_210957333.jpg
      213.1 KB · Views: 66

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've been keeping an eye on primer prices and I would say that you did very well with your purchase. I had heard a while back that dealers expected prices to settle around $65/1k (given inflation), but $75/1k is the lowest I've seen, and they're not common at that price.

Top Bottom