Texas SOT

How do I check on the status of Class III paperwork.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I sent in all my forms on 10-05-2009, and they were received by BATFE on 10-09-2009 with my check being cashed on 10-13-2009.
    I have read in the forum about people calling and checking on status of their aps. Could someone please give me the phone number or tell me how to get it.
    Thanks,
    Charles
    Guns International

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I sent in all my forms on 10-05-2009, and they were received by BATFE on 10-09-2009 with my check being cashed on 10-13-2009.
    I have read in the forum about people calling and checking on status of their aps. Could someone please give me the phone number or tell me how to get it.
    Thanks,
    Charles

The number to the BATFE, to check status is 304-616-4500 It is sad that I have their number on speed dial. Have a copy of your Form 3, 4, etc. Tell them you want to check the status of a Form ?. They will ask you the serial number of the NFA item. Mostly they will tell you if and when it went pending. You can ask who your examiner is, so if there is any problems, you can call them directly.

They WON'T be able to tell you how much longer it will take.......so don't bother to ask.

Good luck ! P.S. What did ya get ?

batesdc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    allen
    rob
    Need to buy you item, then do the paperwork and pay $200 to the feds and then wait, when form is approved you can then go pick up your item!!! Good luch. If you are going to mfg you a SBR or silencer then you need a form 1 if buying then dealer will fill out the form 4. Hope this helps.

Johnthedford

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Naples, Florida
    ROb--when you ask what do you need to get your class III...are you referring to a dealers license? If so you must be an FFL...then simply send them $500 with the SOT application...and voila--you are Class III when they cash your check. They will send you your SOT info in the mail. It is simple and easy...just costs money:)

If you are asking how to purchase a Class III firearm...that is simple. Simply find what you want...find a dealer to handle the transfer if the item is out of state...have it transferred to your dealer..then the dealer transfers it to you. There are different ways to take ownership---in your name, a corporation, LLC, or trust. You need to find out which alternative is best for your situation.

Top Bottom