Screenshot_20230525_084424_Google.jpg
    Target Sports

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Heh I wont get into that, but for me it makes more sense to hunt elsewhere. I miss hunting in south Texas dearly but Id rather spend my money overseas or in a different state
    This. I can hunt Arkansas for $525 per year for my lease ( 1200 acres with 9 other hunters) and $350 for my out of state license.

I can shoot a nilgai bull in Texas for $2300 that will yield more meat than any 5 deer I could shoot in Texas on a $5000 per year lease ( and I don’t have to do anything after the stalk and trigger pulling on the nilgai)

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    This. I can hunt Arkansas for $525 per year for my lease ( 1200 acres with 9 other hunters) and $350 for my out of state license.

I can shoot a nilgai bull in Texas for $2300 that will yield more meat than any 5 deer I could shoot in Texas on a $5000 per year lease ( and I don’t have to do anything after the stalk and trigger pulling on the nilgai)
    Id like an in on your nilgai hunt outfitter if at all possible

Also if someone on that deer lease drops out, let me know!

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Hey, I have friends in Drain!

You ever fish the Umpqua for smallmouth bass? The put-in at Elkton is a hoot in my 18' drift boat!! The sides of the channel are 1' from the side of the boat. Oars have to be lifted to miss the rocks. No mistakes...
    60-90 fish an hour in the summer is not uncommon east of Elkton. The shad run is great on the Big-K loop. Springers were fun on slow rolling anchovy, but fall salmon on plugs was the thrill.

Unlike the Rogue or Willamette, every rock on the Umpqua is anchored to the earth’s core.

Are you a Tomaslli’s or an Arlene’s guy?

Fished most weekends from my North River. Reedsport, Winchester Bay, Florence, but could walk down to the river before and after work to fish the shoreline.

Fu@k Portland for ruining that state.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    60-90 fish an hour in the summer is not uncommon east of Elkton. The shad run is great on the Big-K loop. Springers were fun on slow rolling anchovy, but fall salmon on plugs was the thrill.

Unlike the Rogue or Willamette, every rock on the Umpqua is anchored to the earth’s core.

Are you a Tomaslli’s or an Arlene’s guy?

Fished most weekends from my North River. Reedsport, Winchester Bay, Florence, but could walk down to the river before and after work to fish the shoreline.

Fu@k Portland for ruining that state.

We put in at Elkton, so our fishing would have been "west" of there, (we fished for cutthroat and rainbow above there) but yes 60-90 or more smallmouth per hour. We used small twister tail grubs on light gear. Never fished for shad there, but they had them in N. Carolina when I was stationed there in '77. Are shad good eating? Fished for springers on the Rogue when we lived in Brookings '87-'93, never caught one.. not my thing I guess. Had lot's of luck with fall salmon on anchovie, eggs, plugs, you name it. Both in the ocean and on the Chetco and Rogue. My fav. Caught a 40" female on the Winchuck in the estuary on a Jed Davis 5/0 silver spinner with red tubing on the shank and a red stripe under the blade.

Brookings was fab back then. I was able to drift the river in season cuz my bozz allowed me to come to work at noon or so when I wanted some comp time. All fishing was close by. And we used to float/tube the Chetco to get cool in the summer. Good times. We drifted the Illinois quite a bit too.

Tomaslli's or Arlene's??? (I've used Thomas spoons for trout, but I'm a Jed Davis spinner guy mostly.)

Not just Portland, but Salem/Eugene/etc. Fuggin Cali's destroyed this state. And we are feeling it on the East side too now. Homeless everywhere. We'd move to Boise but with all the medical problems we have we're pretty much stuck. 'sides, ID is changing too. I think everywhere is in jeopardy. No place safe from the Marxist ideologues anymore.

bb

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    PUBLIC LAND HUNTING IS SKEYCHY AT BEST BEST OPTION IS TO GET ON A LEASE ON PRIVAT LAND IT'S MORE EXPENSIVE BUT SAFERIN THE LONG RUN
    After hunting in Angelina NF last deer season I said never again. Too many unsafe Rednecks. I will stick with leases in Junction or my wife uncle place in Floresville for now on.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Where can I find how much orange i need to wear? I don't own any so Ill have to buy some
    Just dress in all orange and for that matter paint your face orange too.

Might as well. Once you put on an orange vest and hat, the rest of your camo is kind of irrelevant. The high vis hunting crap always makes me laugh.

Top Bottom