• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajunshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I have been trying to purchase three Gerber auto knives online for my sons and I and keep being told I have to prove that I'm military or law enforcement. So how is everyone else doing this?
    Hurley's Gold

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wonder if has anything to do with the type/size of the blade or something like that?
    I doubt it. When I bought from bladehq, my selection happened to be the largest blade auto they had in stock. I was not asked to prove anything except an ability to pay.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I wonder if has anything to do with the type/size of the blade or something like that?

it's illegal to ship auto blades across state lines or something like that. Too tired to look up the specific law, but that is the jest. Other places do it, because it's a risk they are willing to take since the threat of getting caught isn't very high

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Nowhere yet!
    I'm wanting a Microtech Ultratech. Seems they are harder to get than unicorn teeth.
    Cant find a single edge to save me life.
    The Moonpie is a sad panda.

Cajunshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Check out what I just got this morning! I don't get it.

Unfortunately, the automatic knives you ordered are not available for sale to the general public and sale, shipment , possession, transfer, purchase, and ownership must be in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, statutes, and regulations (in accordance but not limited to 18 U.S.C. § 1716 and 15 U.S.C. § 1241 et seq.). Products may be restricted for sale to certain Government personnel, including law enforcement and military personnel in connection with the activities of such profession.

Because the purchase order was not for a law enforcement or military agency, we cannot proceed with your order. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Your order has been canceled, your credit card was not actually charged; merely authorized for the amount of your purchase. This authorization should come off of your account within a week.

For more information about our restrictions, please be sure to review our FAQ page, http://www.opticsplanet.com/restrictions-faq.html.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Taylor W. | Analyst
    OpticsPlanet, Inc. | Risk Management Group

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Have you actually gone on line and checked BladeHQ? If you can't find something you like on their site, you're too picky! They have literally hundreds of knives and options and at very competitive prices. I ordered one several weeks ago by phone and talked to a very nice lady. I ordered on a Wed. afternoon and received the knife on Sunday (FedEX). I'd say that's pretty good. And they only wanted my address and my money!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    it's illegal to ship auto blades across state lines or something like that. Too tired to look up the specific law, but that is the jest. Other places do it, because it's a risk they are willing to take since the threat of getting caught isn't very high

Where did you hear that? On the internet? Until there is a law against it, it's not illegal. I can find no laws against shipping auto blades. We need an actual legal reference to the law, if there is one.

Top Bottom