• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Depends on how I dress and what pistol I am carrying. Also depends on my transportation... I like my IWB holster that fits in the small of my back, but am afraid of that location when I am riding my motorcycle (concerned about spinal injury).

If the weather is cold, I usually wear a regular folbus holster on the side because I can wear a nice coat or vest. If the weather is hot, I like the small of the back or under the arm kangaroo holster. I've even been known to wear a fanny pack for some events.

If I am going to be doing something where greater distance and accuracy might be necessary, I will carry my 1911 or Sig because "Size Matters" (i.e. riots, evacuations, mobs, Power failures, etc). If I am planning to be somewhere that firepower is not a major concern (meeting at the police department), I might carry my Kel-Tec or Bersa.

Geronimo45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    NE Texas
    Shoulder holster, vertical - muzzle up or down. OWB belt holster(s) - a new fobus, an old Bianchi basketweave, and a south african thing.

Waiting for a Beltman belt to arrive, to see if belt carry is a decent option for me. The shoulder rigs have worked nicely, but I plan on trying a horizontal (Galco?) with two guns for better balance.

rmclain3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Wilderness SafePacker

I carry my Colt Commander in a Wilderness Safepacker. Although it looks like a tool pouch on my belt I've never been asked about what it is or what it contains. It's easy to access my pistol and it makes concealing in plain sight very easy. It's also great in the car as I can attach it to the seatbelt. I would recommend this carry method unless your wearing a suit.

arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    All these replies are very interesting. As I stated originally, I'm interested in different ideas and have enjoyed reading these responses. I have a Crossbreed IWB currently, but am having difficulty with concealment depending on my attire. If I try to tuck my shirt in over it, it is pretty noticable that the side of my pants has a buldge. Perhaps I need to shed a few to fit my pants better!!

I have on-order a 55BN OWB and a VM2 IWB from Milt Sparks - should be receiving around mid-summer. We'll give that a shot, but I might try a Crossbreed SOB in the meanwhile...summer comes early in TX, so I'll be back to wearing shorts on a regular basis before too long! I'd also like to be able to carry to/from work and I wear khakis, and those also, don't fit any more loose than my jeans. I have since started to work on this problem as I've found that concealment may become a problem if I don't do one of two things...

1.) lose weight
    2.) buy bigger pants

#2 is about as expensive as buying guns and holsters...so I'll give #1 a shot :)

Keep the replies and suggestions coming...

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Most of the year I wear cargo shorts, so my Kahr PM9 rides in the right front pocket in one of three pocket holsters I own ... when it's cooler, I carry the Kahr or a Kimber CCII in Galco paddle holsters strong side ...

Indy5000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    I primarily carry a J Frame in a Mica pocket holster, Galco IWB appendix, or a Cell Pal holster. I just received a Comp-Tac Minotaur for my S&W M&P 9C and it will work fine when I can where a cover garment.

I'm still trying to decide on a vest.

.380Lady

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    You said ladies too....
    I know a lot of people don't agree with this but I have a carry purse, responses are usually...purse is the first thing to get taken, but when I am coming in and out of a place I feel is dangerous, my hand is in my purse on my pistol (I have a Bersa 380, would you have guessed!). BG's are going to get a bullet before they get my purse!!! I am also fully aware of my surroundings and have felt uncomfortable before and turned around to go back into the place of business until creepy crawlers are gone. Even though my buddy Mega Force may be on the roof top, I feel we can never be to careful. Now... if I were 6'1" and 200 pounds, it might be a different story!

arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    You said ladies too....
    I know a lot of people don't agree with this but I have a carry purse, responses are usually...purse is the first thing to get taken, but when I am coming in and out of a place I feel is dangerous, my hand is in my purse on my pistol (I have a Bersa 380, would you have guessed!). BG's are going to get a bullet before they get my purse!!! I am also fully aware of my surroundings and have felt uncomfortable before and turned around to go back into the place of business until creepy crawlers are gone. Even though my buddy Mega Force may be on the roof top, I feel we can never be to careful. Now... if I were 6'1" and 200 pounds, it might be a different story!

same gun I got my lady... ;)

WillieD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Lewisville, TX
    I currently carry my Glock 27 in a Desantis "Tuck This" holster around 4-4:30 and a NAA mini with the folding grip clipped in my front left pocket like a knife. Occasionally I will opt to ankle carry instead with a Renegade "Cozy Partner". Just recently Iordered a new Raven Concealment holster from The Malabar Front, but unfortunately they are about 40 days out on orders right now.

I read several good things about this company on Glocktalk.com and decided it was time to upgrade to a nicer holster.
    The Malabar Front

Top Bottom