• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    I'm just curious as to how everybody carries their pistols. Everyone has a different preference, or a way that works best for them. Shoulder holster, outside the waistband holster, inside holster, just tucked in your pants without a holster, ladies - maybe in a purse compartment, and maybe you use a couple different methods depending on what you're wearing. I'm just curious...
    ARJ Defense ad

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Usually a S&W J frame in my front pocket..

I can keep my hand on it without drawing attention..

jdbz32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Depends on how I dress. Bianchi shoulder holster hides well under a jacket or thick shirt, fits my Glock and Springfield. I use the Springfield XD holster on my belt. Looking at getting and inside the pants holster too. Keep experimenting and find what works for you.

Anyone have a 5.11 covert shirt?

jdbz32
    Glock 22
    Springfield XD9

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Usually XD9sc in a High Noon Split Decision (tuckable IWB) and every once in a while, when it's cold enough for a coat, the new PT1911 in a Blackhawk Serpa. The real answer though to how I carry is; ALWAYS.

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    i carry my xd9sc in a crossbreed super tuck IWB holster and will be ordering one for my g19! i highly recommend one!

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Most of the time, I carry a G22 in a Comp-Tac OWB on my right hip, covered with a square-bottom button-up shirt. If I'm wearing a pullover shirt, or something a bit tighter, I'll wear my G23 in a Comp-Tac IWB at my right kidney.

Regardless of the handgun, I also carry two G22 magazines, a Surefire Defender, a kubotan and an Emerson Commander pocket knife.

Morgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    DFW
    Beretta PX4 full size in either a Don Hume IWB or a High Noon Tailgate tuckable IWB. I also have a Maxpidition Fat Boy Versapack that I like, but that's more for motorcycling around.

Jeff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Well, first off, always chambered. (Glock 27)

My most recent purchase is my Bianchi OWB which is by far the most comfortable and secure holster I've ever worn. This is what I've been carrying recently.

For different types of clothing and situations I also have a paddle holster, an IWB holster (my primary choice before my most recent OWB holster purchase,) and of course a "fanny pack" which the wife despises. Also have my ankle holster for the rare times I carry two guns (G27 and a .38.) Oh yeah, and a pocket holster for my .38 which sees no use.

I'd love to get ahold of a shoulder holster, though.

TXCrossfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    Depends on how I dress. Bianchi shoulder holster hides well under a jacket or thick shirt, fits my Glock and Springfield. I use the Springfield XD holster on my belt. Looking at getting and inside the pants holster too. Keep experimenting and find what works for you.

Anyone have a 5.11 covert shirt?

jdbz32
    Glock 22
    Springfield XD9

I have several 5.11 options. The under gear options ride well and offers plenty of support for heavier weapons but can be slow to draw. If you go that way, make sure you get the right size (run small) or it will leave you sucking wind. Their outer coverts look great but leave a lot to be desired on concealability. They can tend to look like you are carry a brick when you have a heavy weapon. Alot of it depends on your body size. The thinner you are, the more weapons make you look lopsided with slimmer fitting clothing....Been through soooo many options it ain't funny....Bottom line for thinnner guys like me....Buy bigger shirts...Strap on your Milt Sparks IWB and forget about it.

bobbb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Walther PPS 9mm in a Crossbreed Supertuck for regular carry and a Smartcarry with gym shorts or sweats for the walking trail. Both work great for me.

Top Bottom