• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    I'm debating between a cheaper revolver or a .22 lr. I would like a airweight, but that's a bit more then I want to spend right now. I don't have either a .22 LR or a revolver in my collection. I noticed academy has a Taurus 605B2 for about $330 (it is a bit more expensive they say buds, but after the FFL fee it would be more similar and less wait) Does anyone here have any experience with this particular revolver or Taurus revolvers? This is a .357 mag revolver, can I shoot .38 spl though it? Can all .357 mag revolvers shoot .38 spl? I thought about a public defender by Taurus, but I don't like the price of the ammo and there's a lot smaller chance of CC.

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    Military Camp

ervdrvr1

May 21, 2013
    Harker Heights
    I've heard good and bad about Taurus. I would probably hit a gun show and pick up a good used S&W J frame airweight or Ruger LCR or SP101 for $400 or less.
    And yes, you can shoot .38 spec in a .357mag, but not the other way around.

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    The little 5 shot lightweights with magnum loads are violent in recoil.
    38s wont let you chamber a 357 but the older ones might. If you value your hand I wouldn't ever try. (the pic showing)
    38 special is a nice shooting round, but don't shoot +p if it's not stamped on the barrel.
    I have 2 taurus revolvers an 85 and a raging judge a revolver is hard to mess up, unless you mistreat it.

Attachments

• 20180415_225954.jpg
      20180415_225954.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 264

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here

I have owned 2 Taurus revolvers. The 1st was a model 85, it would shoot about 6" low and 6" right at 10 yards. That is not acceptable to me.

The second one was a Tracker 44 mag with 6.5" barrel. It made 2 trips back to the factory before they got the timing and lock up problems and the rough bore fixed. The timing was way off. The bore looked like the rifling was cut with a chisel.

I don't know how it left the factory with those problems. Apparently their QC is non-existent.

I would not recommend a Taurus.

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    If you go across the internet you'll see mixed reviews about everything.
    Like me, new Smith's I think are over priced and I'll never buy one unless it's a good deal but I basically wouldn't buy one after 1988.
    I had massive issues with my kahr thankfully I was able to get a refund.
    Iv had issues with ruger, and Springfield also.
    Something that is mass produced things will happen and get missed. Look at cars and trucks...

Last edited:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    If you go across the internet you'll see mixed reviews about everything.
    Like me, new Smith's I think are over priced and I'll never buy one unless it's a good deal but I basically wouldn't buy one after 1988.
    I had massive issues with my kahr thankfully I was able to get a refund.
    Iv had issues with ruger, and Springfield also.
    Something that is mass produced things will happen and get missed. Look at cars and trucks...

What issues did you have with your Kahr? I have owned 4 Kahrs and never had a problem with any of them. I still own 2. I carry 1 of them every day.

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    What issues did you have with your Kahr? I have owned 4 Kahrs and never had a problem with any of them. I still own 2. I carry 1 of them every day.

more like what didn't I have issues with, wouldn't feed, eject, fire, wouldn't go fully into battery, would lock the slide back when there was rounds still in the mag. Cabela's took it back and gave me my money back, kahr offered to fix it, but I bought a lc9s pro instead.

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    buddy of mine had a taurus that would fire without having the trigger pulled. after hearing his story i wouldnt recommend a taurus to anyone.

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    I forgot I had a Taurus curve also, only thing I didn't like was the no sights. Trade it for something don't remember what.
    With him wanting a revolver which is all I'd recommend from taurus anyways, they have the transfer bar.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom