• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    I think that the 17 hmr for me would be too close to the 17 hm2. I was thinking about the 22 wmr because I have always wanted a boat paddle 77/22. I can get it for $410, or I can get a Savage 11 Fcns .308 with scope for $350
    ARJ Defense ad

Elitebowman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    I grab the .17 now days to shoot large carnivorous predators(no bears...not that large)....it's so accurate you can absolutely hit'em right smak dab between the lights at a long distance (100 yds or so). Very lethal out to 200 or better. Little biddy hole, lots of internal damage and does minimal damage to the pelt. The pelts make extrodinary rugs and something to decorate the wall of the Tee Pee ..... I call it my silent killer. Then out comes the .223 or 22 250 for the hard to reach places...............Hey Ed, I've been reading your stuff and it is very well written and accurate as well... I know absolutely nothing about Falconery but sounds interesting and think I saw one on the ranch around mid October.... nearly crow sized bird, dark gray and ivory in color, wings tucked moving extremely fast. At least I hope it was some kind of Falcon.........Good shooting .....Hey Dust, My lay advice is to save up and buy a .17 and a NICE .223 rifle. There's a place for both of them on the same hunt.

Hi, I been looking at the .17 and the .22WMR. I am looking to buy one for Yote hunting or Fox. Thinking out to 200-300 yards , just wondering? Why would I want a .223 when I already own a .243 Remington model 700? Want the .22WMR for the small hole in pelt. I shoot deer with my .243 all the time, think it is to big for Yotes and Fox. even shooting the 80 grain bullet. What do you think? I ruled out the .17 because of the drifting of the bullet in wind, more than the .22wmr. I see the Savage .22wmr is reasonably priced with a 3x9x40 scope on it already thru Gander reasonably priced

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    Hello,

Indiana is a state in which we use rimfires or shotguns for most things, though this is changing.

I had a .22 Magnum Winchester 94 as a teenager, as a companion to my Super Single Six .22 Magnum convertible.

I will tell you from experience that the .22 Magnum will tear up danged near any small game you can think of, and is probably better suited to critters like raccoons and coyote.

I have gone back to .22LR for most everything.

Regards,

Josh

Top Bottom