how far forward should you mount a red dot sight?

EZ-E

Jackenstein extraordinaire
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May 4, 2017
Middle of no where
View attachment 298488 View attachment 298489 It’s not sighted in, just put on the rail. Mount is too high though.

She's purdy
I checked the Springfield website, they don't show that stock as an option anymore. I think yours looks better than the options now.

Big Green

Wife, kids, ARs, Glocks and Jeeps. What a life!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mar 5, 2018
College Station
She's purdy
I checked the Springfield website, they don't show that stock as an option anymore. I think yours looks better than the options now.
Thank you. I bought it in 09 with the factory OD Green stock, took about four months longer to get green over a black stock. Then the Archangel came out a couple of years later and so bought that in black as it was the only color available. I still had the factory green top hand guard cover so I was good. Then a couple of years after that I randomly saw the stock was available in green so I ordered another one. Never like the scout scope type location so went looking for rails. Not many options and I refuse to buy Troy Ind. parts so the VLTOR it was.

ProMag is not a brand I usually like but they actually did really well on the stock. I looked at the JAE chassis/stock but it’s cali compliant and not really a pistol grip so I went with the ProMag instead.

leVieux

Old Guy "Lost my guns in move to nursing home."
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 28, 2013
Saint Martinville, LA
Watching this thread, as I'm no expert, but want to move my RDS from AR to PCC and put a scope on the AR.

Found a real pearl on here "A RDS is not a scope!" AMEN !

One question, does OP want to use both eyes open w/ red dot, or dominant eye only, like a scope? Please excuse my inexperience with the RDS.

leVieux

Top Bottom