Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    This really makes me curious.
    How many times have you pulled out your gun, in order to be ready for what never happened?

Well in my line of work, quite often. Go back and read my initial post here. Is there a difference between LEO and Civilian situations? For the most part yes BUT that doesn't mean civilians are always gonna be surprised at a situation they find themselves in. In fact, if you are really a student of the fight survival game, those "surprises" should be close to zero (there's always exceptions). Any more questions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    All your statements presume that you will see danger coming. If you don't like that then don't make the statement.
    ]

So you should never presume to see danger coming? Well alright then, get back to practicing that QuickDraw. Oops sorry, you are an expert already. I assume you have like a master rating at IPSC then?
    Like I said, do the other members here a favor and host a class. You could title it - Surprise, QuickDraw, Bang.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't think some of the people on this thread even know what they're arguing about.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well in my line of work, quite often. Go back and read my initial post here. Is there a difference between LEO and Civilian situations? For the most part yes BUT that doesn't mean civilians are always gonna be surprised at a situation they find themselves in. In fact, if you are really a student of the fight survival game, those "surprises" should be close to zero (there's always exceptions). Any more questions?

Well, I did miss your LEO/civilian comparison. I was discussing on the basis of civilian situations only.
    There obviously is a difference.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    99c8f14ebf1e41db28490d22e4aaa665.jpg

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Of course, but all of that is "after something has happened".
    Everything is after "something happens".

I carry a gun because cops are too heavy.

I try to be a prepared as I can for what ever I think I can prepare for because my crystal ball don't fit in my pocket.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I used to compete in "Combat Shooting" that started from a holster draw. Why train to be Wyatt Earp at the OK Corral? That's not real or even smart to envision street violence like that! I'm not an LEO or a soldier, just a citizen who legally carries every day. My experience with street violence does not support a stand up gunfight scenario at all.

Hit the dirt, duck for cover and snatch the pistol from its hiding place as you do, sounds like a much better plan! There's no fast draw interest, here!

Flash
    Hitting the dirt? My back oh my back!

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Everything is after "something happens".

I carry a gun because cops are too heavy.

I try to be a prepared as I can for what ever I think I can prepare for because my crystal ball don't fit in my pocket.

But lots of that "everything" is not a legal reason for a citizen to pull out their weapon....

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    But lots of that "everything" is not a legal reason for a citizen to pull out their weapon....

You probably just need to stick with keeping you gun in your holster and waiting till attacked and hope you can draw in time so you will remain legal. Consult with an attorney, read and reread Chap 9 of the PC and get TX Law Shield. You are really minutiae this thing to death.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You probably just need to stick with keeping you gun in your holster and waiting till attacked and hope you can draw in time so you will remain legal. Consult with an attorney, read and reread Chap 9 of the PC and get TX Law Shield. You are really minutiae this thing to death.

Thank you for the advice.

Top Bottom