• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ...to convert a 10/22 stock to fit onto my Remington 597.

the only aftermarket stocks i can find are either trippy looking multicolored wood target stocks or the archangel tacticool stock. neither of these are side folders, which is what i kinda want.

though i do love the nice heavy big game style stock that it comes with, i would like to have a lighter stock that i could slap a sling on for those long walks in the pasture or woods.

not to mention that the stocks that are available for the 597 are all well over 200 bucks. :banghead:
    and the 10/22 stocks can be had for less than $50.

i still like the rifle better than the 10/22, has anyone modified stocks for this sort of thing? (fitting them to a rifle they weren't designed for)

doesn't seem terribly impossible. but if anyone has any ideas or more importantly something obvious i have overlooked - let me know.

i don't want to buy a damn stock i'll never use and have to sell it at a loss.
    Texas SOT

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Ruger and Remington don't mix.

There are plenty of after-market stocks, triggers, and barrels for Ruger 10-22's.

Last year, I built a target 10-22, all from purchases off the internet.

It is the most accurate rifle in my stable, either center fire or rim fire.

Just "Google" Ruger 10-22.

Good Luck & Be Well.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    even with modification to said stocks?

if you read my orginal post you would see i am well aware of the 10/22, its plethora of after market parts including stocks, i am also aware that i prefer the 597 to the 10/22.

just looking to increase my options when it comes to stocks. i am also aware that i cant just take a 10/22 stock and slap it on my 597.

what i am getting at is as the title says "How hard would it be..." to get a stock designed for a 10/22, through elbow grease and texas engineering, and perhaps even concussive maintenance to get a 10/22 stock to work on a 597.

in other words this isn't a debate on which is a better rifle. ;)

AndyMitty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Austin/Schertz/SA
    Good luck wolfwood! I too own a 597 and would love to have some cheaper options available. If you ever figure something out, make sure to keep us posted! In the meantime, try posting over on rimfirecentral.com in the 597 section. Might get a few more responses/suggestions.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom