Texas SOT

How has Obamacare aka the "Affordable Care Act" affected you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Once enough people opt out the fine will be wildly increased or private health insurance will be outlawed.

The fine is set to increase over several years, that's built into the original law.

The elimination of private health insurance is indeed the long game here. Obamacare was designed to **** people as hard as possible to justify nationalizing* the health care industry.

*Can we all start calling a spade a spade and stop using the term "socialized health care"? Because that doesn't sound as nasty as what it really is - nationalization of the health care industry. Therefore, it'd be nationalized health care instead.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I think many people live too long anyway and the cost of health insurance in almost any form is just not worth it.
    When it's time for me to go then so be it. If I can't pay for the treatment out of pocket then perhaps I shouldn't be buying it.
    Until then, I'll do my best to stay happy, healthy and alive, all the while saving and preparing my family for that time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I believe there's more to it than what your insurance company is telling you... there HAS to be two sides of EVERY story. the whole( "No", she says "we haven't sent those out yet as we are trying to interpret the new laws due to the ACA") Sounds like laziness on their part. Like they almost want to make it as inconvenient as possible for everyone so everyone else can point their fingers at the A.C.A . I understand the act isn't easy but for a private owned Big insurance company not keeping up maybe they weren't so ideal in the first place. - this is just the opinion of one man... I don't know your whole story I don't mean to rowdy anyone up about this.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The fine is set to increase over several years, that's built into the original law.

The elimination of private health insurance is indeed the long game here. Obamacare was designed to **** people as hard as possible to justify nationalizing* the health care industry.

*Can we all start calling a spade a spade and stop using the term "socialized health care"? Because that doesn't sound as nasty as what it really is - nationalization of the health care industry. Therefore, it'd be nationalized health care instead.

Here is the last thing I saw on the fine for not having Obuttfuckcare:

nzw.gif

AND, from the information I was given when I looked at several sites, that $95 is a lie. I was quoted $187 for not having it by 2014. Even so, the fines are less than the monthly payments.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Had to link this article (well blog technically) of one of The Weekly Standards writers woes on the DC healthcare exchange.

After a Month of Trying, I Still Can't Sign Up for Obamacare | The Weekly Standard

This was an especially big facepalm...

But it’s not all bad. What I like is that I can access the D.C. exchange in twenty different languages, including Apache, Navajo, and Irish. Which is great because I see so many Irish here who have a heck of a time assimilating, what with the fact that they only speak Irish and not the King's English. (You can also receive notices in American Sign Language—l'd make a joke here but I might offend the deaf. But I guess since they can't read and need American Sign Language I might as well let one rip. But I'll refrain nevertheless.)

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX

Spot On

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Well, in order to "keep my doctor" I'm going to have to pony up an additional $2600/year. A lot of doctors (and more will do this in the future) are going to "Concierge Care". It's to protect the doctors from eventually being compelled to accept the "exchange" policies. A lot of articles out there describing Concierge Care. The doctors who are worth their salt will go that route in order to avoid being overwhelmed with patients with policies that pay out like Medicare. When enough doctors refuse to accept it, watch for a new law that will COMPLEL them to accept it, and they'll throw Medicare in the mandate as well.

Cordell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Williamson County
    I am twenty-four years old. I pay for my own health insurance, as opposed to my employer providing it. My plan was cancelled. My new premium was increased by fifteen dollars a month and my deductible went from $500 a month to $1500 a month.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom