Guns International

How has the federal government shutdown affected you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Don't forget about Syria and the Benghazi Attack , IRS no probe, ect. All of the REAL fabricated scandals that magically disappeared for the news.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Last edited:

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    No effect, they are still pissing away my tax dollars away at astronomical speeds.

Until the debt ceiling stops all borrowing. At that point, revenues go to whatever priority the president decides. It should be pay off the interest on the debt, social security, miltary, etc..... No default is necessary. We may have to bring home some troups to deal with the welfare riots. We'll have to cut 40% of our spending.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    We have friends that were camping at a Corps of Engineers park, and were made to leave. They shut those down too.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    The shutdown has not bothered me. I am fed up over the coverage of it especially since the House voted to reimburse lost wages. What is the point if that money is spent anyway?

Flash

That's the most bogus logic I've ever heard (wait... this just in... something new from congress).

We're going to shut down the government, BUT we're going to spend the same amount of money shut down that we would've open for business.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Eforms was taken off line so now I can't even submit forms.

I did a efile yesterday. got all the way through it and went to pay and it locked up. Do you think it filed? or do you have to submit payment before anything starts? I thinking I screwed. What say you?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I did a efile yesterday. got all the way through it and went to pay and it locked up. Do you think it filed? or do you have to submit payment before anything starts? I thinking I screwed. What say you?

When you get to the end of the form you have to click pay and pay for the tax then you hit sign and submit, only after that is your form in process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Went to the VA in Dallas yesterday for some medical appointments. The DAV was open but since the computers in DC and Waco were off line they couldn't answer my questions. Also, the VBA office was closed for the duration of the shutdown so filing applications for disability and related stuff there is shutdown. No real affect on me as all I had were some questions but irritating none the less. These offices are not staffed by government employees yet the government shutdown effectively closed or curtailed their activities.

Top Bottom