Patriot Mobile

How have you faired during the hurricane?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Katy area here just north of IH10. Water got over the curb a couple times, but thats it. I have a rental in the Cypress area and it made it up to the garage a couple times. I was actually out of town on Army National Guard duty and just got home a few days ago. Wife held down the fort with all 4 kids. the area I was in got close to 40 inches of rain, but flooding was not really an issue.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Live in SE Houston (Sagemont area). We got 7 inches of water in the house, on Saturday (8/26)by mid-night. I had a 14" waterline mark at the front door. By 2am (8/27) we had pushed/swept most of the water out of the house and water was down to the middle of the yard. I have Flood insurance and had claim going by 4am on the 27th. we took pictures of just about everything that night and during clean up. I have one wall left to remove 2' of sheetrock and I will been done. Just a waiting game after that, waiting on Insurance guy to show up. We were very, very lucky compared to people on the other side of Beltway-8(~1.5 miles away), as most of them had 3' or more of water in their houses.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I was working last week in the Texas City area. Dickinson was hammered. A lot of people lost everything.

One thing I saw while checking on clients employees and families was that everyone was working together in the neighborhoods.

Made me very proud to be a naturalized TexaN. Imagine entire neighborhoods with everything they own stacked like this out on the curb.:(

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    IMG_2359.JPG

Notice the hole in the roof. I saw a lot of that.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    West side of Spring here (99/Kuykendahl area). Harvey was enough rain to show us the four leaks in our roof that have been there for years. $950 later roof is fixed. So no complaints here. I went into work (Ellington Fire Dept.) Friday afternoon and stayed busy supporting the USCC & ANG. However we did have water get into our truck stalls. About 4" and flowing strongly at it's peak. I finally went home Wednesday afternoon.

Attachments

• 21078384_10155697980572053_617611448928481415_n.jpg
      21078384_10155697980572053_617611448928481415_n.jpg
      124.4 KB · Views: 324

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Sorry I’ve been absent here but we’re doing good, our house in Portland faired well just minor stuff and a lost fence. Our shop in Rockport got heavy damage and we’ve been dealing with that, Rockport as a whole looked like a war zone, a buddy of mine with Aransas County PD says they estimate around 170 tornados tore through when the eye made landfall.

Tony (V-Tach) is good, their house made it through with minor damage, the shop and range is good and they’ve already been open for business suffering only minor roof damage.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    West side of Spring here (99/Kuykendahl area). Harvey was enough rain to show us the four leaks in our roof that have been there for years. $950 later roof is fixed. So no complaints here. I went into work (Ellington Fire Dept.) Friday afternoon and stayed busy supporting the USCC & ANG. However we did have water get into our truck stalls. About 4" and flowing strongly at it's peak. I finally went home Wednesday afternoon.

Love the Caution Wet Floor sign!

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    In spit of getting 36 to 40 inches of rain in our backyard rain gauge, thanks to the good Lord, we stayed high and dry. Lost power a couple of times, but only for a couple of hours one time, but by the time I drug myself out of bed and went out to start the borrowed genny, the power came back online. Main lesson learned was don't put RV in the shop for repairs this time of the year, and get a mid size genny for emergency use which I have already accomplished.

billviverette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2015
    Wow! Quite a step back in recent history. I slept well that night - and my heart goes out to those that did not - only because we live near a huge drainage culvert and it's all downhill from here to the West Fork of the San Jacinto. So the water rose - over 8 feet in the culvert during the day, but it still had another 3 feet to go to top the bridge to our roads, and even more to top the canal (and only then to utter effing flooding hell).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom